Chapter 23-

Juliette, Kitty's and Reece's mother is the first to come back to her senses. She approaches the uninvited guest. While the rest is still staring at the unknown girl.

Her voice cuts through the air "Who are you and how did you get in?"

She throws her head back, while shaking with laughter. "That was actually the easy part. He let me in," her index finger is pointed at Wyatt.

Wyatt's eyes widen. His face goes pale and he shakes his head from left to right. "No! No, this is not true. I didn't let you in."

The smile on her lips only gets wider at Wyatt's denial. And all I want to do is to smack it of her face. This is the girl I have been looking for. I don't need to hide behind Reece, I think as I step forward. This earns me a disapproving look from said boy. Though I just ignore it.

"Well, but you did darling. You just don't remember it." A shadow passes over her eyes, until they meet mine.

She throws her dark raven hair behind her shoulder and ignores Juliette by walking closer towards me. "There she is. The girl I have been searching for," she addresses me.

However Juliette doesn't like it to be ignored and before she is able to reach out to me. She pulls the girl back. Other people finally grasp the situation and start to form a circle around her.

"Stop where you are," Juliette suddenly yells.

I frown at her weird attitude and I'm not the only confused one.

"But why?" a trainer wants to know.

"Just listen to what I'm saying. Stay away!"

Of course everyone listens to what Juliette says, but I see that they want to complain. Her behavior doesn't make any sense to me and when I look at her more closely I realize what is going on. She is being manipulated by Haley. That evil girl is using her powers on her, like she did with Nancy. And I can clearly see it in her eyes, how the color has changed from one second to the other.

"Amazing isn't it?" Haley asks smugly.

Before I can even come up with an answer, arms suddenly crash me from behind in a tight hug. 

"Don't make a move or I will make her hurt her," Haley says to somebody behind me. But I don't know who she is talking to, because of Juliette's tight grip.

"Let her go," Reece commands. His voice getting louder with every word that comes out of his mouth.

I hear more mumbling and I can only assume what everybody around me is thinking. 

Look at her eyes. Juliette is being controlled and other things I can make out, through everyone talking over each other.

"What do you want?" I try to start a conversation.

To my distaste she has the nerve to grin, while answering,"Well, I'm here to talk to you Celia."

"And for a conversation you have to break in and make a scene like that?" I ask, out of habit moving my arms. Bad decision, because I feel Juliette's grip getting tighter around me

"Yes of course, it would't be as much fun otherwise?"

"You are sick."

She laughs my insult away and for a moment I feel how Juliette's grip looses. Maybe I need to distract her more to get out of this.

"Sweetheart, if this was meant to be an insult then you have to work on that more. I have been called many things and this isn't even close to the most insulting one." Her eyes squint at the sight of me and I can't change the fact that her words annoy me even more.