Chapter 26-

Reece wasn't kidding when he told me that his sister was excited to spend time with me. I was aware of Kitty being a bubbly and outspoken person, but it was like she couldn't stop talking for longer than five seconds. Quite the opposite when we met for the first time in her room.

But the main topic of her speech was, of course, the good looking and amazing Eric, obviously her words and not mine. I was kind of relieved that she wanted to talk about him and not about her brother and me. And in the end I had an overview about their relationship and how he had asked her out.

It was actually really sweet. The guy had been escorting her to everyone of her classes and was always waiting for her next to her locker when school was almost over. So he could spend time with her and drive her home or even to the M.E. I had to admit that was a really smart move.

I also have to add how amazing at multitask this girl was. While she was telling me about her love life, he searched for blankets and even more pillows and at the same time got me some pajamas to sleep in. Kitty was using her powers as easy as it was to breathe and I couldn't stop myself from being a little jealous. How she jumped from one side of the room to the other and how graceful she looked while doing everything.

After she was happy with the result, she jumped onto her bed and laid herself next to me.

"I was rambling a bit. Wasn't I?" she then asked me, sounding like she was regretting her rambling.

For a moment I just starred at her and then broke out into laughter.

"A bit is an understatement," I told her playfully, which earned me a soft hit with one of her many pillows. But then she started to crack up as well and I was sure you could hear our laughter in the whole house.

"I know, I know," she told me while grinning like a cat. "But now I'm going to stop talking about me and we can go over and speak about you. You have to tell me everything and don't forget the juice details. They are the best part of the story.

Playing dump I innocently asked her, "What do you mean? What do you want to talk about?"

"Duh, of course I want to talk about you and my brother."

"Well, there isn't much to talk about," I said, while snatching me a pillow to put it beneath my head. I was starring at the ceiling while I was talking so she couldn't see, how desperately I wanted to avoid the topic. I knew she wanted to talk about it sooner or later, but I was hoping for later.

In fact I didn't want to lie to her, but I also didn't want to tell her that our "relationship" wasn't even real in the first place. Because some part of me wished that we had one. Not a relationship where we were together, but one in general. How I suddenly was aware of that and my feelings? Well, in reality it had always been clear, but I was just too stubborn to admit that. And even if Reece was a pain in the ass, I liked to see him like his sister like a friend of mine. Also because I had time to think about everything, how he helped me to find Nancy's attacker and how he acted around her in the hospital were some parts, where I learned to see the real him.

"Oh, come on, please tell me," she begged and made puppy eyes at me when I looked into her direction.

Fortunately a knock on the door saved me and I was sure I never have been this happy to see Reece face when Kitty told the person to come in.

The guy was already wearing his sleeping clothes, which only consisted of some boxers and I couldn't stop myself from starring at his abs.

"God, Reece put some clothes on," Kitty shrieked and threw a pillow at him, which he easily caught with one hand. She really seemed to like using pillows.