Chapter 19-

"What do you mean you are working on it?" the girl hisses into her phone. I can hear the irritation in her voice and that she is not happy with the person on the other line. 

"No, no no! I don't want to wait any longer and don't tell me to calm down!"

I can not hear the voice of the person she is talking to, but from what I can tell I think he or she is trying to calm her down. That fierce girl, who you probably shouldn't mess with. For a few seconds she even listens to that person and Reece and I have to be extra quiet.

It is a miracle that we haven't been caught yet, because I swear my heart is hammering loudly. Reece on the other side is as calm as ever and I wish I could be like him. How is he doing that? Standing next to me, without making any noise at all. Maybe he has practice in spying on people. 

"Yeah, okay, bye," she then mumbles and my attention goes back to her.

Suddenly there is a knock coming out of her room. The girl turns around and opens the door. To our luck she doesn't take a second glance when she throws her cigarette out of the window. On the other side is a guy, dressed in sweatpants. He looks like he is in our age and has jet black hair, cut shortly and styled in different directions. That is what I can see through the open window. 

"Here," he says. He offers the girl a large suitcase and she mentions him to put in on a table. 

A suitcase? What is in there and has it something to do with Nancy?

After he did what the girl told him the guy demanded money. Is he a drug dealer or is there a weapon inside I ask myself. However I could not ask that guy, because something strange is going on with him as the girl laughs out loud and takes a step closer to him. Her eyes are fixed on him and it looks like she is going to kiss him. But instead she does something weird and whispers words I can't make out. To my utter shock the guy doesn't move anymore until his eyes suddenly change color and instead of being light brown they change into a deep red color.

I let a gasp escape my mouth, because I'm too shocked about what I witness right now. Reece tries to stop me, but it is to late. She heard me and her head snaps around. Her eyes meet mine and instead of being shocked her lips turn into what I can only describe as an evil smile.

From then everything turns up side down. Reece is the first one to move and he pulls me away with force. Dragging be down the staircase and away from that girl. I can't comprehend and I let myself being dragged away. My brain only starts to work again when we reach the end of the staircase. 

I can still see them in front of me. These piercing red eyes, both from him and from her.

"Come on," he ushers me and I'm finally able to move my feed again and get away with him. But I have to take a last glance at her and what I see gives me the creeps. There she is still standing at her window with another cigarette in her hand, watching our escape. That smile never left her lips, like she won this one. However I tell myself that I will make sure to win the next round.

"She isn't even following us," I exclaim when we brought enough distance between the apartment and us. Reece stops running and is by my side again.

"Are you alright?" he asks me. I nod and try to proceed the last happenings. We found her and the we just run away? 

"Is she?" Reece knows what I'm trying to ask and confirms my suspicion.

"Superhuman? Yes, probably. We better get to the M.E and tell my mother about it.""

"Your mother?" I wonder. Reece is trying to avoid my eyes and I get cautious. He is hiding something from me.

"Yeah," he mumbles.