Chapter 25-

After Wyatt had left me I strolled towards the others and plumped down onto the couch, earning curious glances, some discreetly and some more noticeable.

"What did he want to talk about?" Kitty asked me curiously after not even a minute had passed by and Eric nudged her playfully for her bluntness.

"Never heard that curiosity killed the cat?" he questioned her, and she replied with sticking her tongue out.

At the words "cat" Ares barked once, and I smiled at him, while ruffling through his fur. I was, after all, a dog type of girl and not a cat one.

"I don't like cats either," I told the little puppy, and he started to waggle his tail, like he understood every word I was saying.

"You don't?" Reece asked me with an odd smile on his face.

I shrugged, it was no secret that I always had bad experiences with cats. I remember one that bit me, another one that scratched my face and even one that peed onto my lap. No good memories if you asked me.

"Nope, cats and I don't match," I answered and shivered at the memories, especially at the last one.

"That is probably why you and Reece match, he is after all kind of dog, with his powers you know," Kitty then casually told me and Eric had to snort at her comment. Smirking she gave him a high five, and I glanced towards Reece to see his reaction.

For a moment he seemed speechless and couldn't comprehend what his sister just said about him and then a mischievous smile appeared on his face. Oh no, he was up to something. Without even noticing I slide a bit away from them and at the corner of my eyes I saw Eric doing the same thing.

The next thing we heard was Kitty begging Reece to stop tickling her and trying to get out of her brothers arms.

"What did you just say Cassandra? You are comparing your favorite brother with a smelling and barking animal?" he asked her with an evil smile and not even once stopping to attack her.

At his words Ares barked, and it sounded like he wasn't pleased to be called as "smelling and barking". I took him onto my lap and cradled his ear, while whispering into his other ear, "He didn't mean it like that."

"Yep, you are the exception Ares," Reece called out, and I shook my head with a grin.

"None of you want to help me?" Kitty managed to ask us while laughing and Eric and I just looked for a moment at each other and answered, "No."

"You guys suck," she called out and Eric blew a kiss towards her.

This got on for a while, until Kitty apologized a million time and even had to tell Reece, what an amazing brother he was. Sometimes it felt like he was the younger one of them.

"But what I also meant to say was, before you started to torture me," the girl said after making sure that Reece noticed the daggers she was shooting at him.

"I think you are a cute couple and the four of us should go out someday together. I mean I'm sixteen now," she added with a grin and the atmosphere changed into an awkward one as Reece and I locked eyes.

Both of us had forgotten about Reece telling them we were on a date a few days ago.

"I think we have to leave now." And without any warning Reece pulled me onto my feet and began to drag me out of the room.

"It gets late and we still want to make it to the hospital before guest hours are over," he said to me, but still load enough so his sister and Eric could hear him clearly. In other words he wanted to distract Kitty to talk about us being a couple and I didn't mind at all. I just played along.