Chapter 24-

"Your gift is a puppy?" I shouted out surprised at the same time Kitty squealed, „You got me a puppy?"

Reece nodded and then was suddenly tackled by his younger sister into a bone crushing hug.

"Oh my god this is the best present ever, thank you so much," she excitedly called out, already forgetting what had just happened and kind of ruined her birthday.

The puppy, who still didn't have a name barked once at Kitty's words like he or she was agreeing. Well, he/she was an adorable one, with his/her light fur and big brown eyes, I had to admit. He/she was a cute little golden retriever.

"Does it already have a name?" Eric, who had been a part of our little croup asked. He along with Wyatt was completing the circle. Even though Wyatt just stood there within his own thoughts and was thinking about who knows what.

"No and it is a boy," Reece answered and I think it was the first time he was actually not being rude to Eric since he had found out about him and his sister dating. Maybe he was starting to get over it or he just forgot about it for the moment being. I hoped for the first one, but I wasn't really convinced about it.

"Do you have a name on your mind?" I then asked Kitty and got up from my position. The puppy protested with a small bark, because when I got up I stopped caressing him. Nevertheless it was all forgotten when Kitty bent down to scoop him into her arms.

"Yes, I think Ares is a suitable name."

"Well, Ares it is then," Reece announced and a smile was attached on everyone's face, even on Wyatt's, who was now paying attention to our conversation. Who would have thought that a puppy could light up such an intense situation?

After that we found ourselves in one of the many relaxing and chilling rooms in the M.E. They were especially made for us super humans to chat and get some rest.

Kitty, Eric and even Reece were sitting together on the sofa that was placed in one corner of the room and I decided to wander around the room thinking about what to do next. Eric tried to convince me to stop worrying and also play with Ares, though I couldn't help myself.

But after a few minutes I did something I wanted to do the whole day; apologizing to Reece. So I stopped pacing around and made my way to the large black sofa.

"Hey Reece," I said and he looked up at the sound of my voice. "Can we talk?"

"We are already talking," he told me, which earned him a hit into his rips by his sister and an eye roll from me.

"Okay, okay," he then got up from his sitting position and mentioned me to follow him to another couch at the other side of the room, but not before giving Kitty a glare for pushing him.

"So what do you want to talk about so urgently?" he asked me after we had settled down and made ourselves comfortable.

"I wanted to say sorry," I told him, looking directly into his eyes to show him that I was being serious and that I really mean it. I really wanted Reece to forgive me about what I said to him yesterday.

"For what?" he challenged me mockingly. I knew what he was doing, he wanted me to rethink about my actions and see if I was really sorry, because it was clear to the both of us that I meant what I said to him yesterday.

In other words he was making sure that I would suffer a bit as well and I couldn't even be mad about it, because I deserved it.

"For being stupid, a fool and throwing assumptions at you without thinking," I answered honestly and the words came easier than I would have liked, probably because they were true.