Chapter 8-

After the game the team, including Liam, Aiden, me and some of their friends went to a diner to eat and celebrate. The atmosphere was great and everybody was having a good time. But after a few hours Aiden and I called it a day, because I had to work the next day and my best friend offered to drive me.

We are currently on our way towards Nancy's bakery and I'm excited for my first day. I know I have to work hard, but with Nancy being my boss I know it will be fine. She isn't going to be too strict towards me.

Aiden is still talking excitedly about the game yesterday and how they will beat the winner of last year.

"Calm down there tiger," I tell him with a laugh, as he brags about their win and amazing skills.

"You barely won the last game and the next team is the current champ."

"Yes, I know," he says to me shooing me out of his car. We had already arrived and when I look out of the window I see the little bakery. It is lovingly decorated from the outside and that it is a bit older and rusty is perfectly covered.It practically screams welcome and looks comfy and inviting. I can see the sign from here that it says open and I thank my best friend.

"Thanks, for driving me Aiden. You are the best."

"Tell me something I don't know," he answers me and I shake my head in amusement.

"You are sure you don't need a drive later?" he asks me, when I'm already out of his car. Only my hand is still at the handle.

"Nope, I'm fine. My aunt will get me after work and with an hour to spare, I can have some quality time with Nancy," I tell him and he smiles at me in understanding.

Aiden is aware of the fact that I see Nancy as my own grandmother and he is happy that I have another person to talk to. I know that he feels sorry that I don't have any other relatives than Lily. He doesn't need to tell me that, I see it every time in his eyes. Over the years I can easily read him like a book.

And him having four uncles, three aunts and over six cousins doesn't know how it feels to be lonely. There has been always someone by his side.

"Alright," he says and I wave him goodbye as he drives off.

Inside the bakery Nancy is waiting for me. She welcomes me with one of her famous smiles, where her laugh lines are showing. It makes her look younger and adorable.

I immediately feel at home and after we greet each other properly, Nancy shows me, my duties. I'm responsible for the customers and have to take care of their order. I also have to work behind the counter and take care of the cash register.

My job isn't too hard, and I have fun working with Nancy. Until now all the customers are friendly, which makes my job easy. Most of them are regular customers, Nancy explains me and most of them are hear for one thing. A piece of Nancy's famous apple pie, which is sold out after half an hour. I can understand why, because they taste fantastic. With the fresh apples and they way she bakes them.

"How is it going?" Nancy asks me after a few hours. I just finish serving an elder lady. She has a big colored hat on top of her head and is kind enough to give me some money as a tip. I take it gratefully and thank her a few times.

"Just great." I smile at Nancy and at the same time walk behind the counter to make a coffee for a young lady.

"Thanks," the girl who I give the coffee says and she hands me the money for her hot drink.

"You're welcome, and have a nice day," I answer with a crack of a smile, satisfied that everything is working so smoothly.

"You too," she says before she takes her coffee from the counter and leaves. I like these kind of customers, friendly and uncomplicated.