Chapter 20-

"Hey you two," Kitty winks at me.  "Fancy seeing you two here TOGETHER. But what are you doing behind this bench?"

Like she burns us with her words, Reece and I part, which amuses our audience and they try hard not to laugh about us. We look ridiculous and Reece and I both know that, but we can't help ourselves.

"So?" Kitty asks us again, but I don't find the words to answer her.

"I could ask you the same thing. What are the TWO of you doing here?" Reece wants to know. There is is warning in his undertone and I sigh at his words. 

"We are on a date. What about you?"  Kitty is not impressed by her brothers behavior. It has the opposite effect and she radiates confidence this time.

Reece is speechless and it takes him a few seconds to comprehend. His expression changes from unfazed to angry. I can practically see him boiling inside and it is a matter of time until he flips. Eric and I don't know what to do and just watch the siblings and their next actions. We look helpless at each other.

I expect different kinds of reactions from Reece after Kittys confession, but Reece's next words catch me of guard.

"We are on a date too."

Kitty's eyes widen and she jumps up and down from happiness. Eric is surprised as well, but a lot more calm and smiles at the confession. I on the other side don't know if I should hit Reece, because of his lying or run away because he doesn't make sense.

"See I told you," the girl grins.

"Didn't expect that," Eric agrees and he and Kitty high five each other.

They continue talking, but I don't listen anymore. My full attention belongs to Reece, who is begging me with his eyes to play along. 

For a moment I don't know what to do, but then it overcomes me. Who does he think he is? Oh, I will play along, but with my own cards.

"Yes, we are on a date right know," I say to the pair in front of us. 

Next I wrap my arm around Reece's shoulder. 

"When he saw the two of you, your brother got really embarrassed. He didn't want you to find out so soon. He has been trying to get my attention for a few weeks now and when he finally told me about his feelings, he didn't want anybody to witness his romantic side," I come up with and grin at Reece, who wants to give me death glares, but can't because of his sister and Eric.

Kitty grins. On the other side Reece tries to elbow me hard, but I step away from him before he can hit me. 

"He even went out to get me flowers," I gush, my voice dripping of sweetness. 

I almost vomit at my fake voice, but keep it up to show Reece, who has the pants on in this relationship. He thinks he can do this without my asking. No, we didn't bet like that.

"Wow, big brother, I didn't know you are the romantic type. But I'm impressed," Kitty says and pats her brothers shoulder, who only smiles awkwardly.

He is trying not to blow this up and I bite my lip trying not to laugh at him. It is funny to rile him up.

"I guess that is our clue to leave and give you some private time," Eric continues and both Reece and I wave Kitty goodbye.

It doesn't take Reece long to burst out as we can't see the two anymore. I know what is coming and he surely doesn't disappoint me.

"Are you fucking serious? I brought you flowers, and it took me weeks to ask you out?" he asks incredulously.

His bewildered expression don't affect me the slightest bit. What can he possibly do? Scream at me in front of hundreds of people and make a fool out of himself?