Chapter 9-

Trying to hide my shock about his statement, I look everywhere but him and ask with a noticeable fake laugh. "What are you talking about?"

But Reece only narrows his eyes at me and answers, "I talk about the fact, that you are able to do something that isn't normal and nobody except of you can do. But if you don't want to admit it, then that's fine with me, because the both of us know," he points with his hand between the two of us. That I'm telling the truth."

I gulp at his words. It is better to not say anything right now, instead of trying to convince him otherwise, because he has already set his mind. This way I can not reveal me. As Reece notices that he is talking to a wall, he purses his lips. I'm definitely not going to give him a proper answer. He stares a few seconds and waits if I change my mind. But I remain silent.

"Fine," he huffs out at my behavior and is about to grab my hand again, though he is not able to. Not because I pull my hand in the right moment. No, because he suddenly can not move.

I groan audibly, but nobody can hear me. Not again and not now I think to myself. Time stopping now, would only confirm his idea that I had indeed an extraordinary ability, if he notices anything. And he must have at the first time, because it is the only logical explanation, why he knows about my power.

And as suddenly as my power appears it also vanishes and Reece is about to finish his move and tries to grab my hand, but instead he only grasps air.

His eyes meet mine, and I stare innocently at him, trying to hide the fact that I used my power accidentally. But again he narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm capable to walk on my own, thanks," I tell him and also narrow my eyes at him.

"Fine," he answers gritting his teeth in frustration with me. 

"Now follow me," he says and then walks of.

Annoyed that he leaves me behind, I hurry after him until we are walking next to each other. This boy is really getting on my nerves.

"Where are we going?" I ask after a while of silently walking because the curiosity gets the best of me.

"You will see any moment, because we are almost there," he replies in a monotone voice, not even sparing me a second glance.

By now we have been walking a good ten minutes and have reached the richer part of the city. All the houses are larger and more expensive looking. There are a few big companies along the road I notice and I'm surprised when he stops in front of the biggest one. 

"Matthew enterprise," I read and my eyes widened in realization. This is the company of Reece parents. I think his home is amazing, but it is nothing compared to this building. It's not only huge, but modern and expensive looking at the same time. It is build high with a lot of floors and on the front you can look through a massive door out of glass. This is what you call filthy rich.

"Come on," Reece tells me, stepping into the building without another glance at the large front.

Inside the building I don't know where to look at first.  Everything looks so sterile, but at the same time really modern. The interior designer did a great job and I want to have another look, rather than to follow Reece.

He approaches a woman in her early twenties, sitting at a black wooden desk and working on her computer. She immediately looks up when she hears our footsteps approaching and smiles brightly at the sight of Reece. Either she is a thrilled to go receptionist, or she is glad to see him. I assume the second  when I see the way she smiles at Reece.

I can describe the woman in two words. Utterly beautiful. She has long straight brown hair, that reaches her navel and hazel brown eyes, which compliments her olive skin tone. Adding to that she is wearing a beautiful and classy blue dress, which fits her perfectly and shows her slim figure in the right light.

With her looks she is the kind of woman, no one wants to compete with. And the kind who puts your self esteem to the ground.

"How can I help you Reece?" she asks still smiling and with a smooth voice.

Reece gets straight to the point and says, "We need to get down Courtney."

His words only confused me. Down? What was he talking about? Has this building a basement and if yes why does he want to go there, I ask myself glancing beneath me. But there is nothing to see.

Courtney then looks behind him, apparently noticing me for the first time and her eyes widen at my appearance. Is she also aware of my power?

Courtney nods eagerly at his words and opens a few drawers until she finds a card. It is completely black and it looks a bit like a credit card. The she gives it  to Reece.

"Thanks," he says and turns towards me, but I'm still staring at the card in his left hand.

After I finally take my eyes off of it, I look up at Reece, who is watching me. With his head he mentions me to follow him, which I do, because I want to know what this was all about.

The both of us then walk towards the next elevator and as Reece push a button, the door opens immediately. After we get inside the door closes and instead of pushing one of the five buttons, he takes the card out of his pocket and pulls it through a slit, I don't notice until now.

The elevator moves down and the guy finally speaks with me.

"Okay, this is probably going to shock you a bit, but don't run away at the first sight of something abnormal," he tells me in a serious voice and I nod in hesitation.

Satisfied that I don't argue with him he continues.

"My mother is going to explain everything to you in detail, but for now you have to know..." he starts, but I interrupt him.

"Your mother?" I ask.

What has his mother to do with everything?

"Yes, my mother," he explains. The one who gave birth to me." 

I ignore his side comment. Now is not the time to try to be funny.

"As I was saying my mother will explain everything and you only have to know that the people, but mostly teenager we are going to meet every second, are like you. They all have superpowers," he adds, watching every move of mine.

Is he be telling the truth? Teenagers like me? Surprisingly I believe every word that Reece tells me, but I'm not sure if it is, because I want him to tell the truth or because I truly believe him.

Then the elevator stops, and I wait impatiently for the doors to open. And as they open I'm not prepared for the sight in front of me.

A few feet away from us, Kitty and Eric are standing engrossed in a heated conversation and as they hear the doors opening, they look up curiously. Our gazes meet, and we watch each other in surprise. Only one question is on my mind. Do they have superpowers too?

I updated earlier this time, because my summer holidays just started. This also means that I'm probably going to update more often. So be prepared for more updates. And what do you think about this chapter? Leave a comment and please vote. Have a great day!