Chapter 31-

Seeing his face for the first time in years was something I wasn't prepared for. I mean, who could prepare me for someone who was supposed to be dead? The answer was no one. It was like seeing something you always had wished for, but at the same time you couldn't do anything because you were too shocked. That was also the way I reacted when we made eye contact. Immediately I compared myself to him, his nose, his lips, his features and his eyes. They had the same brown color as mine and they wouldn't look away. And that's when I saw something more in them, something hidden, though something malicious and cruel. Goosebumps rose on my arms and I involuntary shivered.

And slowly I came to my senses again. He was here, my supposed to be dead father, and he had freed Haley, who was now laughing spitefully at us. She probably knew it from the beginning that he would come to rescue her and not only that. She knew it would break something in me, seeing him again for the first time in years, the way her a mocking look was haunting me. My mother's words echoed suddenly in my mind.

"Dear, did you never think about the reason why you remember my face? They told you you were two years old when the so called car accident happened. How is it possible then that you remember my face?"

It was the same with my father I shouldn't remember his face, but I did clearly. How many lies did they tell me?

"Shut up," he barked angrily surprising everyone and Haley immediately listened to him, but still pouted at his rude words.

After that he took a few steps closer towards me and my first reaction was to move away from him. Hurt was evident in his eyes for only a brief second though he quickly reposed himself.

"Celia," he tried again, but I raised my hand to stop him. Only now noticing that it was bleeding because a few splinters of glass had cut me.

"Don't come any closer," I told him, my voice shaking. And not only my voice was shaking, my whole body was.

"You are hurt," he stated, but stopped like I told him.

"It's nothing," I whispered and then a another voice entered the conversation. The voice of Juliette Matthews.

"Thomas don't even try it you bastard. Leave her alone!"

The guy then laughed humorlessly at her words giving her a cold stare for even suggesting such a propose. But what caught more my eye wasn't the content of their conversation, it was more the fact that they seemed to know each other.

"You can't forbid me to talk with my own daughter Juliette," he spit back and I heard several people gasped at his words.

"I can if you are only here to hurt her even more," she answered him. But she wasn't finished. "All these years you made her believe that you were dead and also killed her mother and her aunt. And now you suddenly think it is time for her to meet her daddy. Her monster of a father. She clearly managed her life well without you."

Furious was an understatement of the state my father was in, he was raging and his voice got louder with every word.

"I would never hurt my daughter and it wasn't me who pushed her away from me. You all just took her and made her believe all those lies. And I surely didn't kill her mother," he declared with such venom in his voice. Though that didn't let me forget that he never said something about not killing my aunt. I never met my other aunt, but they told me she died early because she had cancer.

"You have to believe me Celia," he said now looking at me again, however before I could answer him Reece beat me with his words.

"Don't talk to her," he said, pressing my body against his in a protective manner.