CHAPTER I

Seulgi's POV

I walked to the cafeteria and went to order in some food first before going to where my friends are. Just when I sat down someone spoke my name. 

"Hey Kang! Congratulations!" I look up to Krystal confused. 

"For what exactly?" I asked.

"The Kang's just confirmed their partnership with the Bae's." What?! I took her phone where she's showing me the article. There I saw my Dad in a photo with this Man, maybe the same age as him. How's that even possible?

"The Bae's are huge, huge. If there's anyone that most businesses and companies want, it's to have a connection with them." That's right. What surprised me the most here is, how did it happened? How did they convince them? I mean, our company is unlike theirs. It's big but not huge, liked they said.

"You looked surprised Seul? Did you not know?" I shake my head answering them. Should I ask Oppa?

"Do you not talk business in your household?" Wendy asked this time. I give Krystal her phone back.

"Just sometimes." I answered them. "They tend to not talk about it when we're together."

"Oh! Lucky you!" Almost all of them said, that made me laugh. 

"My parents are barely even home!" Krystal whined 

"But hey! Your family got a huge deal." Wendy said. 

"I guess..." I said before I started eating my food. 

"Why don't you seem happy about it?" Hyeri asked. I swallowed my food first before I speak up. 

"It's just that. I get why we asked partnership with them, but..."

"You don't know why they agreed?" I nodded. "Maybe you should ask your parents if you're that curious." Wendy said. 

"As expected from a Kang! You never took interest in nothing else but your business huh?" Krystal said. 

"It's not I'm the only one here, that's like that." I look at the three of them. 

"But we have hobbies! Krystal's a model. Wendy and I do theater plays. But you?" Hyeri speak up and I just laugh.

"I study." I said to them. I received a smack in my arm. "Aw! What was that for!?" I said looking at Hyeri.

"We study too." She said to me. 

"Seriously though, did you ever took interest in something?" Krystal said. Now that I think about it. I shake my head.

"No." They all heaved a deep sigh, giving up. 

"Right! She's a Kang! They're only focused in one goal!" Hyeri said beside me, this time I pinched her side. She just chuckled. 

"Yeji's in a dance club, from what I heard." Wendy said. 

"At least one Kang knows how to have fun." Krystal said that made me stop eating. "And we're stuck with this muncher and workaholic one." I picked up the tissue on the table and was about to throw it at her already.

"Ayaah! Don't!" She said getting it my hand. They just laugh. They love teasing me. 

"But Kang Seul!" You look at Wendy an hummed. "If your family now's in partnership with the Bae, then that means..."

"Speaking of the Angel." I scoff when Krystal said that. She's staring behind me, where the cafeteria's entrance is. I look around. As expected, everyone's eyes are on her.