Chapter XVII

Seulgi's POV

Wendy's the only one who doesn't have afternoon class today, so she just stayed with me. We decided to go to the library.

"Are you sure you want to wait here?" She asked me. She's working on some homework.

"It's better than going home and coming back here. Besides, her class is almost ending." I said, checking the time.

"How is it living with her?" She asked without even glancing at me. That made me think.

"I don't really know. I can't describe it." I answered her.

"Are you happy with your set up though?" This time she look up to me. "I know there's something more that you are not telling me, Seul. I can tell." I knew that. "But it's not like I can force you to tell me. Honestly? This thing between you two... I don't know. Maybe I'm just worried you'll get hurt in the end." She give me a force smile, before bringing her focus back to what she was working on.

"I'm okay Wends. You know me." I assured her.

"I do know you. I know how you can become fragile with the connection you have with people. She's kind, she's does not look like the type who can hurt anyone, and that's what makes me worry about you." I'm confused.

"Wends, I..." I was stopped when the people sitting on the next table with us suddenly made a noise. Wendy suddenly sighed looking at the couple, that's now hugging each other.

"I almost forgot, the ball is coming up." She mentioned. Right, the ball. "Are you still going to London?" She asked me. I nodded.

"Our flight's tomorrow, I even forgot about it for a moment." She just chuckled.

"I guess you really can't join the ball."

"I'm suspended, remember?" I reminded her.

"Right!"

"Have you asked Joy yet?" I got curious. She nodded.

"Already did. Thankfully she said yes." I laugh at that. "How about Joohyun? It's going to be her last ball. Is she attending?" I pause at her question.

"I don't know. We didn't really talk about it. But maybe she'll go. You said it yourself, it's her last ball. She should attend." I said.

"If you're not on suspension, would you have asked her to be your date?" I smiled.

"I'm going to London to support Oppa." I said to her.

"Let's say you're not going too?" She stares at me, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know, maybe?" I answered. 'Cause what if she reject my invite, despite us being close already? That'll hurt.

"You have always been attending the ball without a date. I just thought you would've want one now, since you have someone you like already."

"I didn't really think of that, since I won't be attending." I said to her. She suddenly look at me seriously.

"Can I ask you something?"

"I can't be your date." I said jokingly.

"Silly!" She then she's on serious mode again, or not. "What would you feel if someone asked Joohyun to be their date and she agrees?" Huh? Thinking about it... Will it be weird if I ask her later if she could just go to the ball solo? I shake my head. No, that'll be too much to ask from her. "Having an inner battle?" I shot her a look.

"You're mean." I said to her that made her laugh.

"You know a lot of people wants invite her." Just before I could answer. I received a call. "Unnie?" She asked, I nodded and answered the call.