Chapter XX

Irene's POV

It's been almost a week now. I'm on my way to the company, since Dad called for me.

When I entered his office it was empty, as expected. I just waited there in the next few minutes, before he arrives.

"Still not a fan of my office?" Dad said. I stand up and greeted him.

"No, not really." he hugged me before he walk down to his chair. "So, what is it that you need?" I remained standing because I know this going to be quick, seeing his schedule on the side of the table earlier.

"How are things going on with you and Seulgi?" He asked. Oh. This is why he called me?

"What do you think?" I said.

"Look, I'm sorry." huh? "I hope I was not too much of a nuisance."

"No Dad, of course not. Seulgi and I are getting along well." I said to him.

"You know I liked her for you and the company." He said, that confuses me. "Seeing her records, she's got great potential. It's such a shame, we can't even rec--"

"Wait! Stop! Where is this going?" I asked. Why is he talking like...

"The Kangs pulled out from the engagement." what? I waited.
for him to tell me more. "They said that they don't want to cut off Seulgi's freedom to choose who she wants to be with. That their daughter's happiness is much more important than losing the company." I was surprised hearing that. "That made me reflect on what I did too, so I agreed to the decision they've made. I'm so--"

"No." I said to him. "Do we look like we were forced to stay with each other? Dad! You know me. If I really didn't want it, I would've not let it start." He look at me surprised at the words I just said. I saw the realization hits him.

"Don't tell me..."

"Being with her is my choice Dad, it's not because you gave me no choice." Suddenly, he chuckled.

"I've always thought father was being ridiculous with his last will. I guess this just goes to prove that he really knows you more than I do."

"That's because you were so busy. Grandpa always got all the time in the world for me." I said to him.

"When you give me a grandchild, I'll be doing the same thing Dad did to you." He said. "I'm sorry I couldn't give you all the time in the world. I'm still at the point in life that responsibilities are still piled up, but hey! I never miss everytime you call for me." He's right. He never made me feel that he was not there, it's just that his time always falls short.

"Stop trying to make the air emotional, you still have a meeting in the next, I don't know! 7, 5 minutes?" i said to him laughing a little and he did the same.

My phone suddenly rang while.we're at it. It's from our subdivision. I answered it.

"Good day Miss Bae, but some moving trucks are here saying they're going to your place. Just trying to inform you since the last time it became a problem--"

"Just tell them to wait for me, I'll be on my way home now." I ended the call. I sighed looking at Dad.

"What? Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"I'm marrying Seulgi, no matter what. You'll get the heir you need." I said to him. He looks surprised. "I have to go." I went over to him and hug him goodbye.

"Do you need a ride?"

"No, I have Seulgi's car with me." I said before I went out of his office.

What is it now?!

When I arrive there's really a moving  truck already.

"Excuse me, how can I help you?" I asked the guy stading beside it. "I recognize you." I said. It was them who brought Seulgi's things too.

"It was us a few weeks ago, too. Good thing you're here already miss. No one can call the police on us now, for staying too long here." I can help but laugh, remembering it. It one of my neighbors, they called the police because they thought it was pretty suspicious that they've been here for hours.

"What brought you here?" I asked them.

"Oh. We were to told to bring back the same stuffs, last time." One of them said. I look at them confused.

"What? Why?" I asked. This time they were the one's confused.

"We don't know Miss. We're just doing our Job." he then gave me a paper.

Written there was a request, it was made by Seulgi's Mom? I gave it back to them.

"I'm sorry but can you come for another day?" I said to them. "The owner of the things haven't arrived yet."

"But Miss..."

"I'll take care of the request. Don't worry, you'll still get paid for the suppose work. I just can't move the stuffs that aren't mine. I hope you understand." I bowed at them.

"Yes Miss, we understand." They did the same.

"You can go now. I'll just call your company about this. I'm sorry." I said.

After that they left already. I then called their company like I said.

What am I doing, stopping Auntie from getting her daughter's things?

I got in the house and surrender myself to the couch. It's the weekend and it supposed to be rest days. Now I'm worrying about something, I don't know if I should really worry about.

Just where the hell is Seulgi? After that day, she didn't even try to contact me and now this?!

"Waah! Kang Seulgi. You're driving me insane." she's not here, yet she's stressing me out. I said closing my eyes.

"What did I do now?" I suddenly heard someone speak up.

Am I really getting insane? I'm hearing voices now.

Just as I breath more, I smelled something. Ramyeon? I didn't remember cooking one before I left. I don't even have them.

I sense something move around me

It finally got to me when I felt something move in the couch. Huh? Next thing I know is my head being tilted and I felt a pillow being place below it. Wait a minute! I opened my eyes.

"Hi." She smiled at me. "I've missed you."