Chapter XXX

Irene's POV

It's my lunch break now. I got and invite from Joy, to join them for lunch today.

"Jo, are you going out for lunch again?" Alexis asked me. I wasn't able to be with them these days, but we still talk normally.

"No, I'm eating at the cafeteria now." I saw how her expression brightens at that, I spoke before she can even finish what she's about to ask me. "Joy invited me." I said. "I only have a little break time, I hope you understand." I said. I do feel bad, everytime I refuse their invite nowadays. "How 'bout dinner tonight?" I said.

"Yes! Let's do that!"

"Okay, I'll just see you later." I packed things and went out. I look over to Sierra and give her a smile, she smiled back. We never really talked about what happened yet, maybe because I always refuse them.

I went out of the room first, and guess what? An annoying person was already waiting for me there. He was leaning at the wall, with his arms crossed, and sun glasses on. Every person walking by look at him Seriously?!

I wanted to just walk passed him but he held my arms to stop me. I glared at him and look at his hand on my arm.

"Remove it or I'll kill you here, now." He removed his hold. "What is it this time?!" I frustratedly asked, still making sure nobody else can hear me.

"Look! I just wanted to apologize. I swear! It really wasn't my intention." he said. "I didn't know we would actually meet the whole family."

"Just make sure you cleared it all out Kim Suho. I'm only engage to one person and that's not you. If ever words got out, you will see what my anger is capable of." I said, making sure he heard every single word there.

When I first heard that he came back and he wanted to see me, I agreed. Maybe because we didn't exactly end our relationship in the in a bad term. He understood me that time, and I appreciated that. We said our how are you's and catch up with each other.

The next day he invited me for lunch, he said her sister asked to meet me. I'm close to her sister too, so I agreed.

I got there and meet with them but my mind was just on Seulgi. She looks so vulnerable and it troubled me more that I can't even ask and be with her. I know I shouldn't have left that time, but in my mind I thought maybe it's what she needed.

My mind was just off to somewhere else that I wasn't even listening to them anymore.

After lunch unnie invited us somewhere. I told Suho I wanted to go home already, that I promised a dinner to someone. He just said that it'll only be quick. So I agreed to go and that was a mistake.

It turns out his family didn't know we've already broke up. It's been years already! For fuck's sake! And to make it more frustrating, they saw my  engagement ring on my finger and thought it was from him. I mean, he didn't even notice that.

"Give me time okay?" He said. I walk away from him. I don't have time for this. I made my way to the cafeteria, with him tailing behind me.

"Joo." He keeps calling me.

"Why didn't you even tell them?" I asked.

"I didn't think it was necessary." he said. "I've been in the states for so long! I thought that was a given fact already." I took at deep breath.

"Well it was not, for them. If this reaches to my fiancé, you won't see the light of another day Kim Suho." I warned him

"Which is why I'm here. I want to meet this person, also explain the situation." I stop on my tracks and face him. What did he jus say?