Chapter XXVI

Irene's POV

As expected... She's gone out already.

I did my morning routine before going down. I saw a served breakfast at the counter top. I went to it and saw a note beside it.

Good morning, love.
I had to leave early. I thought of not waking you up anymore, wouldn't want to disturb your sleep. I prepared breakfast. You eat well, okay?
I love you.

"I love you too." I said in a whisper. I wonder when are we going to have that exchange again, aside frome these notes and texts.

I sat and start to eat the food she prepared. It's not the first time she cooks for me. She always does it. She still does a lot of things for me.

She loves me, I do feel it. She's here, but it gets lonely at times. Sometimes I wished her suspension didn't end. She had more time for me, or am I just being sefish thinking this way?

My phone suddenly rang that took me out of my thoughts. I answered it.

"Joy?"

"Unnie? Do you have plans? Can Wendy and I visit you?"

"Huh?"

"We were planning on going out but we haven't decided where to go, so I said why not visit you." She excitedly said.

"Yah! This is not a date place." I said.

"It would be fun, like last time! But this time, Wendy and I will be cooking for you an Seulgi unnie."

"Why don't I tell your mother, you're dating the daughter of their business partner? Then maybe you two can cook in each others houses."

"You're also dating the daughter of your company's new business partner. You're just lucky you own a house now." Joy said. I chuckled.

"Fine, you can come." I give up.

"Well you have no choice even if you declined, we're close already." what?! Oh who am I kidding! This is Joy we're talking about.

"Unnie?" Wendy decided to speak up on the other line. I just hummed in response. "Can you tell Seulgi to at least see her phone. I called her tons of times, she isn't picking up." oh.

"She's not here." I said that made them silent for a good minute.

"Oh. Okay." Wendy said.

"I guess we'll be cooking for 1 person only." Joy said. Suddenly the bell rang.

"Are you here already?" I asked.

"No unnie. Maybe 5 minutes?" Wendy said. Then who?

"Okay now. Focus on the road lovebirds. I'll hang up now, someone's at the door. I'll see you." they said the same before I end the call.

I went to the door only to met Yeri.

"What are you doing here?"

"Assuming that you and Seulgi unnie isn't on a good note, wanted to pay you a visit." she said as she walk passed me and let herself in the house. "Ooh! You have some good paintings here." She said looking around. "Where did you buy it?"