Chapter XXXIV

Irene's POV

"You came." He looked at me surprised.

"I'm not staying for long." I said to him. "I'm doing this only because I'm making up for what I did in the past."

"And your girlfriend or should I say fiancé?" This time I'm the one surprised. "You left the Uni with her." Right. Everyone saw that.

"She's waiting for me outside." He nodded.

"So it's still her." He said. "She's the real reason you broke up with me." I give him a nod agreeing to what he just said.

"Always been her."

"I'm happy for you." He said and smiled at me. He offered his hand for me. "Let's get this over with?" I smiled back at him.

"I don't think there's a need for that." I just look at his hand. Remembered what he said, that this is planned. He took it back and chuckled.

"Scared of being photographed close to me?" He teasingly said.

"Not scared, just being responsible."

"Is she the jealous type?" He asked.

"Can't say." He chuckled.

"Let's go?" I nodded, then he walk first and guided me to where his family are.

"Joohyun, you made it." Suho's sister came up to me and gave me alittle hug.

"Hi unnie." I then look over to his parents. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Kim." I bowed to them.

"Is your father coming?" Suho's Dad asked. I can tell he's expecting. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry but he wont be coming." I said. I told Dad not to. It's better if I'm the only one here, if this is really a set up.

"Didn't he get our email?" Mr. Kim asked.

"He did." He also forwarded it to me.

"Is he too busy for her daughter?" Mrs. Kim. I shook my head.

"No. I just asked him not to come." they look at me confused. I glance over at Suho and I can feel his nervousness.

Not gonna lie, I feel bad for him. This take courage for someone who always pursued the expectations they had on him, through the years.

We are both born with an image to protect but with him, it comes with expections and responsibilities. He's tied up and I'm not.

"Mom, Dad." he called their attention. "We're not getting married." He finally said it. "Or at least I'm not." he look over to me. I give him a supporting smile.

"What do you mean?" his dad asked.

"It's okay if you don't wan't to get married now, we can wai--"

"Mom, I'm not marrying her. We're not together anymore, we've already broke up before I flew to New York." his parents look at each other.

"Why did you said you were enganged?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"They never said it Mom, you just assumed." Unnie speak up. "You didn't even give them the chance to deny it, because you already left to spread it to you friends."

"Isn't the ring enough proof?" God! I didn't know his Mom's really like this. I look over to Suho. He looked at me apologetically.

"It's not Mom." Suho

"Well, you two can get back together. We can arrange this marriage. This needs to happen, a lot of people are already expecti--" this time I spoke.

"That wouldn't be possible, Mrs. Kim." I said and they all look at me.