Chapter X

Seulgi's POV

"W-what do you mean because it's with me?" I stuttered. Good thing I wasn't eating, I could've choke because of what she just said.

"Seulgi you're nice." Oh!

"So you're okay with marrying me because I'm nice?" She blinked a few times, thinking of an answer I think.

"No Seulgi. I'm not saying I'm okay with this marriage thing. I'm just giving it a shot. You were nothing but good to me these past few days, I just wanted to give back." what? suddenly I lost appetite

"Giving it a shot because you wanted to give back?" I said it almost in a whisper already, but I know she still heard it. "Joohyun." I called out seriously. "I suggest, just don't do this." I stand up from the chair.

I should've never done all those things for her.

"Seulgi, you need this." She said that made me stop from walking away.

"I already told you, we can find another way."

"You can't!" I face her. She's already standing up too "I know what was ask of you and I know what's at risk here. This the only way--" I walk over to her again.

"You just said you're not okay with this marriage thing. What do you want me to do? Convince you? You want to give it a shot because it's me? Then are you willing to fall for me, huh Bae Joohyun?" I leaned stepped closer to her. She looked so surprised at what I just said.

"W-what d-does it have to do with falling for you?" This time she's the one stuttering.

"I don't want to get married with someone who's just forced to do this." I said to her.

"Seulgi this is an arranged marriage. What are you saying? Of course this is forced. Even you're doing this for your family." she does actually have a point there, but I still want for it to work out.

"I am." but that's not the only reason I have now, now that I'm interested in you already.

"Then why are you so against--"

"Because of your reason." I did not let her finish anymore. And suddenly I care about what it would be for you, what would you gain from this? Because I know I can gain a lot. "Joohyun, I was not nice because I needed something from you. I didn't ask for any repayment, and would never ask for it. So please if you're doing this for me, just don't."

"Why are you so serious about this Seulgi? It's just marriage..."

"And it's sacred for me Joohyun!" I said to her. "I might be getting set up, but I want it to work. If I were to get in with marriage, I don't want to go out anymore." She suddenly scoff.

"Are you serious?" She asked in disbelief.

"I am." That's when she realized I really am serious about this.

I grew up in the most loving way possible. Our parents taught and made us see the importance of love and family. Ever since I was a kid I already dreamed of having the kind of love may parents have with each other. Not that I want it to be the same, I just wanted to be contented just like them. Oppa found his love already, I know how hard that is to find that's why I didn't hesitate in volunteering in his place. But it still turned out it was for me.

Family is the most important thing for me and once I let you in, I don't think I can ever let go anymore. It's so hard for me to get close with someone, every time I do it's because I felt a connection with them. With Joohyun, I don't why but the connection I felt with her is really strong.

I've always thought that I was that numb in these type of things, and I've been vocal about it with Granda. Maybe that's the reason why he set me up like this, but how is it even possible that the feels I'm searching for before suddenly came up to me like this? Like all of a sudden Granda set me up with a person that could give me all that I'm looking for.

I like her and that's a fact I can't be denying now. Oppa said an inch of love is already enough, but I think I can manage to grow much more than an inch at this point. Only if I were to let myself get there.

"Seulgi." I smiled bitterly.

"If you're just agreeing with this because of the reason you have now, please don't." I plead. I don't want to get too deep when I can still stop it now. "Think of yourself now, be selfish." It's better you do that now that you're not able to hurt anyone yet.

"Seulgi, don't you think your being too into it already? We can try for now, you know..."

"Try?" I smiled at that. "We try with intentions Joohyun and you don't have one, like at all. So I suggest you stop now, before anyone gets hurt." I said and was about to walk away already when she held my wrist and stop me.

"Why do you think anyone would get hurt? Seulgi it's like--" I face her again.

"If I fall for you and you're still not interested in this?" She looks taken a back by what I just said.

"A-are you saying you're open to falling for me?"

"I wouldn't be agreeing to this if I'm not." I slowly remove her hand on my wrist when I felt it loosens. Was about to walk away again, this time she just let me.

"Thank you for the breakfast and for considering it all this time, but I can not accept this." it was okay for me if we both needed it, but doing this only to help me, while she went against her will. I don't want her to regret it later. It would only make me feel responsible for it.

"I'm going back home."

"No." I stop. "This is your home now Kang Seulgi."