Chapter XIII

Seulgi's POV

"Yaaaaah!" I heard a shout as soon as I reach the restaurant. This is really embarrassing! I just sighed and went over to their table.

Food was already served and based on how Hyeri's stare, they might have been waiting for a while now.

After lunch with Joohyun I had to drive her back to school. I then went home to get some more of my stuff that I just realized I forgot, after unpacking my things at Joohyun's place.

Since I volunteered in picking her up, it took me as long as almost 8pm to get here. If only I knew she would take that long... I would've just informed them I may not make it.

"What took you so long KangSeul!" Krystal asked as soon as I took my seat. I eyed the food on the table and most of them are my favorites. They will really ask the hell out of me now.

"Can I eat first? I'm hungry." I said tasting some of the dish there.

"Yah! We're here to talk not to eat." I look up to Hyeri.

"Then why did you order this much food?" I asked.

"It's for you." Wendy said that made me smile. "So, where did you came from that you were 2hours late?"

"It was only an hour and..." I look over my watch to see how many minutes I was late.

"Okay! We already know that!" Krystal held my hand down stopping me from looking at my watch. "It was just unusual that you were late, you're never late." I look up to them. She's right. I always mae sure I arrive on time or earlier whenever I'm meeting someone.

"I stopped by the school?" They look all look at me confused.

"Aren't you on suspension?" Hyeri asked.

"I am." I started to chew more food, just enough for me to swallow it as soon as they need my answers.

"Then why were you there?"

"Had to pick up Joohyun and drove her home." I casually said expecting screams or shouts from them, except I heard silence. I said the truth, I can't lie, they know that. Maybe that's why they aren't reaction much.

"Are you a thing?" That was the only thing I heard after a few minutes of silence and it was Wendy who spoke. Are we? Well she said we'll do it in my own pace. Should I assume that she's taking a chance?

"It's a little complicated still." I said to them. "but hopefully we'll get there." I said before eating again.

"Damn! You and your food." Krystal said, putting more food on my plate. I look up to her and smiled. "You like her?" She softly asked that surprised me a little.

"Obviously." Hyeri said, she just received a glare from Krystal. "She wouldn't hope if she doesn't."

"Why are you all look serious? I'm getting scared." I said to them.

"Seulgi..." Wendy started that made me feel the urge to stop eating. I know that tone, she's pretty serious now. She exchange look with the two. "How sure are you about your feelings? I mean, you never took interest in her for the past years then suddenly..."

"I'm sure I like her."

"Maybe you're just overwhelmed in knowing someone new--" Hyeri, who is weirdly worrying?

"I never felt that way when I first met you guys." I said proving a point. What are they up to now.

"We get it, but there are a lot of people out there Seulgi. Why does it have to be her?" I look at Krystal confused.

"Why not her?" I asked.

"Seulgi we've been praying for this to happen, but not to her." Krystal shook her head.

"Can you still stop it?" Hyeri said. "Stop it while it's still early." What the hell?!

I look over to Wendy. She just give me a nod.

"Wends, what is this?" I asked her.

"Seulgi, they're right. If you can still stop it now, stop it." She said.

"Seriously? I thought this wouldn't be a problem. You all look up to her."

"We do, she's a great person Seulgi. Ideal type of all." Hyeri said.

"Then what's the problem if I pursue her?"

"You know what happened to Bugom, Seulgi. We're--" I scoff at the mention of that lad's name.

"We're not alike. I don't force someone to like me back. I won't force myself to someone, if I now I'll only get hurt in the end." I look at the three of them. "I now you're just worried about me and I understand. I admit I'm a little scared, these things are new to me, but I can handle myself. I'll know when to draw the line." I said assuring them. Is this what they need?

"We know you Seulgi. We know you can take care of yourself, but this time around your not thinking this through. You can't proceed with this." Wendy strongly said this time. It's the first time I'm seeing Wendy like this and I think they know something.

"What got you so against her, suddenly?" She even wanted to be friends with her, the last time I checked.

"We're against you pursuing her, not her literally." Hyeri said.

"And that's because?"

"We've talk about it tons of times already. I guess you're really not attentive enough about her before." Hyeri said, that made me more confused this time.

"There were rumors about her past relationship Seulgi." Krystal said. "They said that she's still waiting for him to comeback and that's the reason why she never accepted anyone up until now."

"A rumor?" I asked in disbelief. "Aren't you gossiping too mu--"

"It's true." Hyeri said. "Her friends said it themselves. She's still waiting..."

"By friends, do you mean those girls that has done nothing but watch when Bugom pressured her to accept his proposal?" I asked them. They went silent. "Please stop with the gossips already."

"You're really serious about this?" Wendy asked. I nodded. "And what if those rumors are true? What if that person suddenly appears and--"

"Funny how you're worried about me getting abandoned already..."

"You're really not you these days" Hyeri said. No, I'm still me.

"Is she even into girls?" Krystal. Seriously, this is what they should be worrying about first. I don't even know this.

"Why are you so chill about this? Usually when you know something is up, you won't risk a thing." Wendy asked that made me think.

'No one else.' I'm holding on to that and the fact that she's willing to try now.

"I'm pursuing her." I said. "I will not be stopped, not now." At least not now.