Chapter XII

Seulgi's POV

"I'm sorry for being late." said no other than the head Bae, himself, as he took the seat across me. "It was an important meeting."

"I should be one apologizing for the sudden invite." I said.

"I wanted to meet you in person, it's fine." This time he stares at me seriously. "So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

"Your daughter doesn't want to get married." I said. He just nodded.

"I know that." He crossed his arm leaning back to the chair.

"She doesn't want your company." He still keep on agreeing. "Don't you think you're being too controlling, still going throught the last will your father have left you?" I asked. I saw him smirk at what I just asked.

"Think child. Don't you think this is benificial on your behalf?" what?! "If you were to marry my daughter, you're inheriting it all." I paused at what he said. Does he really think that's what matter most?

"Huh?"

"You don't get it?" He asked. I do.

"You're just gonna give your company to a stranger?" she chuckled hearing that.

"You no stranger Kang Seulgi. And that's only gonna happen if you'll be married to my daughter." He give me a smile. "If she agrees." He said it like it's a challenge for me.

"How is this even benificial for your daughter? Don't you think this deal is pretty unfair on her side?" He look a bit suprised at what I said. "I can save our family business and gain yours with this deal, but how about your daughter?" I look straight to his eyes. "What if I ask for a divorce after getting everything?" This time, I'm challenging him. It only surprises me when he smiled.

"How sure are you that my daughter's going to marry you? Like you said, she doesn't want to get married." Is he playing with me?

"If you're thinking that, why did you proceed with the deal?" He look over to his phone when it started to ring.

"For my daughter." but she doesn't want this. "I support her in everything. If she doesn't want to claim what's rightfully hers, then so be it." He took a deep breath before leaning in forward to the table. "But I still wanted to make sure she's going to be fine when the time comes. Maybe that's also what my father was thinking in making his last will. He wanted to make sure Joohyun still gets what she deserves, even if she doesn't want it she's still getting it through you." I was shocked hearing that.

"Father picked you, then I should trust him. Besides, you're a Kang I don't think you're capable of doing those things that you were just threatening me to do earlier. You are not raised that way, I know it. You value family more than anything, so I think my daughter will be in good hands if ever she agrees." He said confidently.

"You're trusting me so easily." I said. He just laugh.

"That's because I trust my daughter enough to know what she's doing." He's that confident with his daughter's decisions.

"How did you convinced her to move in to a new house, if she didn't want it?" I curiously asked.

"It's her house." What?! "The house just got finished, that's why she had just moved in. As for agreeing on making you live together, I'm just doing my part of the deal." That's why she didn't know I was moving in and a key was not enough for me to enter the house, myself.

I leaned back to my chair letting it all sink in to me.  He agreed, to make sure Joohyun still gets what was intended for her, despite the refusal. He knows her daughter too well, to know that she wouldn't just marry me for the deal. He knows his daughter needs convincing. He agreed on setting us up, not in proceeding the deal.