Chapter XXI

Irene's POV

"How are you?" I closed my eyes again, as I feel her kiss my forehead. She then gave me the most adorable smile.

"You're back." she nodded.

"You seemed tired..." she fixed some strands of my hair. "and frustrated." How is she gone for days, without any contact at all, and yet act so sweet now?

"Tell me, what did I do?" I just stare at her. "I overheard my name earlier."  she moved  back a little and sat on the floor.

"It was nothing." I said.

"Sure is something, when you were saying I was making you--" I cut her off.

"Kang." I warned her. She just smiled again.

"You can tell me if something's bothering you, specially if I can do something about it." just how?? "Is it me? If--"

"Why didn't you call?" I asked her. I saw her blinked a few times.

"Huh? Should I have called? Why?" she looks confused now. Is she serious? "Did something happened while I was away?" Now she looks worried.

"Seulgi, what are we? Who am I to you?"

"You're my fiancé. We're engaged..."

"Through papers." I added, that made her look at me. I decided to sit up and face her.

"Where are you going with this?" she asked. "Should I have stayed that day?" From the look in her eyes, it looks like she's starting to regret that she left. She's readable now. "I asked you, you let me leave."

"Things happened while you were away Kang." I said to her.

"Again, I asked you that day Joohyun. This is not fair." she said looking down. "Why do I feel like it was a mistake that I left?"

"No, it's not that."

"Then tell me... What's with these sudden questions?" I took a deep breath before speaking up.

"I just came back from a talk with Dad." this time I felt her eyes on me. "They've decided not to push through with the last will, our grandparents left for us."

"W-what?" she stuttered.

"I'm asking those things because I'm not sure what's going to happen now. Without it, I don't know what we are. I don't know if I can still ask you to stay, when I don't know where to find a reason for it anymore." I opened up. I want you to stay with me, Kang, I hope you get that. She grab both my hands, as she look up to me.

"I love you." she kissed the back of my hands. It's such a relief hearing what she feels again. "And nothing can change that. I want to be with you, with or without the deal, Bae Joohyun." She said. "Before I left for London, you said you feel the same. Was it true?" Did she not believe me?

"Kang, I kissed you." Was my plead, for her to stay with me, that time not enough to convince her?

"Then can't it be your reason?" She said. I'm confused. "Let it be your reason again and ask me to stay with you." Oh. "I'll listen."

God! Who would've thought I'd ended up talking to her about this things. I leaned down and kiss her. I can't help it. When I felt her reciprocate I move myself down the couch, to be more comfortable in kissing her.

I've always wanted to do this with her. Her lips have always been so tempting. That first time I kissed her gave me more reason to want to do it again. Next thing I know I was already straddling her. We moved away the moment we needed air already.