Chapter XXVIII

Seulgi' POV

It's guilt and I know I can still make up for it. That's what I'm doing.

I stretched out as I stand up from the chair. I check myself at the small mirror on the shelf. I cried too much last night. Yesterday was a tiring day.

I went out of the room and find myself going downstairs. I look up to the wall clock to check the time. It's past eleven already. All of a sudden, when I look away from the clock, a surprised Joohyun came to my view.

"You're still here?" I was a bit confused at her question. Should I be somewhere now?

"Huh?"

"It's just that, I thought you left early again." oh. It just made me think of what I've been doing in the past weeks. "Your car isn't in the driveway, I just assumed." and then I remember Yeji's still at the hospital.

I was too deep in to my thoughts that I didn't realize she was in front of me already.

"Is everything okay?" She asked softly. I look at her. No. All I did next was hug her. I can feel her a bit surprised at my sudden action, but sooner she hugged me back. "Seu--"

"I love you." I said as I tighten my embrace.

"and I love you." She patted my back, before slowly pulling away from the hug. Next thing happened was she reach for my cheek and wipe my tears, that I didn't notice fell already. "What's wrong my love?" She asked as she caress my cheeks, looking at me worried and curious.

When I was about to answer her phone suddenly rang. I move away and look at her. I realize she's fully dressed now. Is she going somewhere? The ringing suddenly stop, when I look up to her face, she's staring at me. Did she just ended the call? and it started to ring again.

"It must be important." I said to her.

"It's not as important." She said and yet again cancel the call. But the next time it wasn't ringing we heard, a car horn.

"I suppose you had plans." I look to where the sound's coming from.

"I can cancel..." I look at her. I shake my head.

"No." I mean, someone's outside already. "You can go." It'll be rude to cancel now. Besides, she's already dressed up.

"Love..."

"You should go. You seldom go out with someone, don't let me stop you." I said to her. She had this expression that she seemed upset. Did I say sonething wrong?

"You can't expect me to go out, after you just cried in front of me. So, can you not--" She was stopped when her phone rang again. This time she answered it. "Can we meet up some other time? Something important came up." Just after she said that she ended the call, and I saw her turn it off. "Now, can we talk about what's happening?"

I look at her, dumbfounded with what I just witnessed.

"The person was already outside. You didn't have to cancel--" I stopped when I notice her expression as I let out those words.

"Seulgi, it's not that important."

"But--" She suddenly cut me off.

"You're being unfair." Suddeny, I felt vulnerability in her voice. "I let you do things your way and you wouldn't even let me decide for myself."

"I didn't mean it that way. It's just that, someone was already waiting outside."

"Can you let me be with you?" She said it like she's begging, just staring at me.