Chapter VI

Seulgi's POV

The next day I found myself driving to school, despite my suspension. It's almost lunch break already. I entered the campus and went straight to a specific department.

"Excuse me." walked to a group of the three students there. They all look over to me. "Do you possibly know what class is Bae Joohyun now in? I mean what room?" I notice most of them look at a single person in the group. She was looking at me curiously, already.

"Who..." She stated. Why does she look so intimidating?

"Ah. Seulgi." I introduce myself. She's scanning me from head to toe. What is she doing?

"Are you a student here?" She asked. I nodded. She looks younger than me but I'm not sure anymore with how she's looking at me.

"A Junior Business Ad student." I said. I feel like I'm being interviewed.

"Are you one of her suitors?" Suitors? So there are really a lot of them. Considering she asked me this, she must have girls going after her too.

"I'm not, I'm just here to talk to her--" I was cut off when someone spoke behind me. A voice I've grown to get familiar with now.

"Kim Yerim. There you are!" I looked at how she passed by my side without minding me. She give a paper bag to the person who was asking me stuffs earlier. "Here you go. I expect you to return it to me without damage." I hear her say.

"It's not like you can't buy more of this." The girl said to her.

"You can buy one for yourself too, yet you're borrowing from me."

"It's urgently needed."

I was just looking at her. She was smiling so genuinely talking to this person, unlike when I always see her with the people she's always with. I notice it all now.

"Oh! Unnie. This person is looking for you. Do you know her?" With just that she turn to my direction.

"Seulgi." She said out of surprise.

"I guess you know her." The girl said.

"Can we talk?" I said to her. She was hesitant at first but she still nodded. She face the girl I talked to again.

"You're heading to the cafeteria after this?" Joohyun asked. The girl just nodded. "Can you tell my classmates I can't join them? Tell them something urgent came up." I saw how the girl's brows furrowed, she then look over to me. I just avoided her stare.

"Okay." I heard the girl said.

Next thing I felt was a hand on my wrist. I look up and meet her eyes. I felt my heart thump unusually. What's this effect you have in me?

"Let's go." I look down at her hand holding me. "I'm sorry." She removed it. It suddenly felt empty? What the hell? I look up to her again.

"Do you still have class after?" I asked. She looked at me curiously.

"I have..."

"Let's just eat lunch at home, I'll drive you back here before your next class." I said, she looked taken aback by what I said.

"W-what?" She stuttered.

"Unnie..." Oh! They're still here? I thought they walked out already. "What does she mean?" Joohyun look over to them.

"Let's talk about this some other time Yerim." She then face me. "Let's go." She then dragged me by my arm, out of there. Did I do something? She just glared at me.

"I didn't know you were capable of glaring at someone." Said looking at her. She the stopped. "I just thought you're always so composed and you had this angelic image---"

"I'm no angel." She said, cutting me off. I look at her.

"That's not what everyone thinks."

"Look. I don't know what I did but can you please stop?" she said that made me confused. What am I doing that she wanted me to stop? "You were just so nice, now I'm starting to feel like you're judging me." WHAT?

"Huh?!"

"Why are you here Seulgi?" She straight calmly said. "Let's just talk here. I only have a short break before my next class." Why do I feel like I really did something wrong?

"I am moving in today but didn't get to get inside the house, because there was an extra lock." Her brows furrowed at what I said.

"I'm sorry but what does that have to do with me?" that got me even more confused now

"You don't know, do you?" How the hell? I felt sudden realization the moment I saw her questioning look now. "Damn it!" I said in frustration.

I thought she knew already. But if she doesn't then... I face her again.

"Can you calm down?" she said. "We look like we're fighting." She look around us. I closed my eyes remembering we're still in campus.

"What time does your class ends?"

"I only have the next class left for the day. It's a two-hour class" she said. I nodded.

I opened up my bag and got the food mom prepared for me.

I thought I'll be eating it alone earlier when I reach the house but then I couldn't get in. I was looking forward to eating with her again, but yet again things wouldn't go as planned.

I hand her the small bag. She just looked at it at first. I reach for her hand for her to accept it.

"Sorry for how I'm acting towards you now. Have that for lunch." I bowed at her. She's now looking at me confused. "I'll comeback after your class. Let's just go home together." I said. I was about to go already but she stopped me.

"Seulgi..."

"I'll explain to you later, after your class."

I need to talk to Dad first. Fuck this!

"Can you just tell it to me now?" What do I say? Oh I'm your fiancé, our grandparents set us up and we're suppose to live together now. GOD!

"Go have your lunch already. I don't want you to skip a meal just because of me. You said you only have a short break."

"What's really all of these Seulgi? I'm confused. You just suddenly started acting up like this to me. I can't seem to pinpoint your real intention here." Does this mean she knows me way before we met at the stairs and without being mentioned by her family? "Just tell me, Seulgi." I met her eyes once again.

I swear, it gives such different feeling whenever our eyes met, even with a simple contact with her sends shivers.

"I just wanted to move in today, honestly." I said to her. "but I can't do that when my fiancé added a new security lock at our new home, that only she can open." she looked surprised at what I said.

"F-fiancé? You're engaged?" she asked, surprised.

"Yes, to you." she blinked a few times.

"What?"

"You want to know my intention in why I came here for you, there you go. I just thought I'll be moving in first, turns out you've already--"

"You have to be mistaken Seulgi. I'm not--"

"I'm sure I'm engaged with a girl named Bae Joohyun, who else has that name?" She paused, looks like she understands me now.

"I told Dad, I'm not doing it." I look at her.

"Do you know what's at risk--" She slowly look up to me

"I know Seulgi..." she said looking straight at me. I scoff when it all came back to me.

"And you don't care." I said. She's looking apologetically at me.

Damn it Granda!! What were you thinking!?