Chapter VII

Seulgi's POV

"I didn't..."

"I get it." I said and bowed. "I apologize for my sudden approach. I just thought you knew already." I straight up stand and look at her. Why would she even care about something that doesn't concern her? "Again I'm sorry, I won't bother you again." I then turn my back on her.

"Seulgi--" I felt her hand on my wrist and then again it felt so different when she's holding me.

"I'm not asking for your consideration, I'm not planning on changing your mind. You've made up your mind and I accept that. I don't want to force you into something you're not willing to do in the first place, it's just not right." I said as I slowly remove her hold on my wrist.

"Can I at least ask why you agreed to it?" she asked.

"I'll do anything for my family." It's the only answer I have, my family. What other reason would it be?

"Family, of course." I heard her sigh behind me

"You should head to lunch already." I said. "And I should go." I didn't let her speak anymore and decided to leave already.

I wanted to beg but like I said I don't want to force her, she must've had her own reasons for it.

I took my phone out and dial Dad's number, as I'm walking my way to the parking... What else is he not telling me? That was really embarrassing, what happened there. As soon as he answered I spoke.

"WHAT THE FUCK DAD!?"

"Watch your language young lady!"

"You should've at least told me she wasn't informed! I'm going home and there'll be no marriage happening." I ended the call before he can even protest.

I entered my car and drove my way back home. Damn it! I arrived home and surprisingly Mom was there.

"Seulgi? Did you forget something?" She asked. I can tell she was about to leave the house, just by what she's wearing. She look over to my luggage, I saw her brows furrowed. "What happened?" She asked me seriously now.

"Apparently, Joohyun already moved in the house earlier than me." I said.

"She didn't let you in?"

"Turns out she never agreed to this engagement." I saw the surprise look from my mom's face. "So I will not be moving in with her." I left my luggage near the stairs and walk my way to the kitchen. I'm starving.

"Let's just talk about this later, at dinner. I need to be somewhere else."

"Okay Mom." I said. Mom left the house and I'm here in the kitchen looking through everywhere.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Miss Seulgi?" One of the helpers suddenly entered. "Do want us to cook something for you or--" I cut her off.

"No thank you. You can go and take your rest. I can handle. Besides I don't have that much to do, I should just cook for myself." I said to her. "Don't worry, I'll clean it after. You can go now." I said shooing her out of the kitchen.

When I say I'm messy when I'm doing something, I mean like literally. When I look up to the wall clock...

"2 hours... That's a new record." I said smiling, while looking proudly at my food.

I was cooking pasta, like I made the pasta myself.

"Oh Heavens!" I was startled at someone else's voice. I face her and I saw another helper. "I'm sorry miss." She was looking around the kitchen that I did too. I made a mess. "Do you want me to help you--"

"No. I'll clean it, myself. What brought you here?" I asked.

"I was asked to get some snacks." Then I realized...

"Oh yeah! Go ahead." She slowly went to one of the drawers to get some chips. I put on some pasta that I've made, on another plate. Before the helper can exit I called her. "Here share this with the others, I can't eat them all." She accepted it.

"Thank you miss." She bowed. I just smiled at her and nod, before she left the kitchen.

From there I started eating my food before it warmed up. It was actually really good. Of course it should be if it took me 2 hours to make it. After eating, another hour was spent cleaning up the entire kitchen.

I walk tiredly to the living room and lied down to the couch. I sighed. God! I'm tired! I then fall in deep slumber.

I was woken up by someone tapping my arm and calling my name.

"Unnie... Unnie..." I slowly moved and opened my eyes, only to see my little sister who I think just got home from school. "Aren't you suppose to be moving in today?" I sat up.

"Something happened." I said. "What time is it already?"

"Six. What exactly happened?" She worriedly look over to me. "Did you two had a fight?" I face her. Right! She just know that we're together.

"It's not like that Yej. Let's just say it did not turned out as planned." I said to her.

"Did you two broke up?!?" I closed my eyes. How would I even explain this to her? Thankfully the front door opened up and our parents arrived. I released a sigh of relief. "Mom! Dad! Look! Unnie's still here." Yeji pointed at me.

"What happened--" I cut Dad off.

"I will not be moving out anymore. No marriage is happening, nothing." I said standing up.

"Huh?" my sister reacted.

"Seulgi..." Dad started.

"She doesn't want to do it Dad, she doesn't." Why does it slightly stings?

"I thought it was settled already?" I look at Yeji and she's so confused now. "Unnie! Maybe she was just pressured? I mean marriage and living in the same roof is a big step. She's still studying, even I wouldn't want to get married that early." She said. "But it doesn't mean that she doesn't want it, it would make her love you less." She's like reassuring me of something that doesn't even exist. Love?

"Aww!" I reacted as soon as I felt a pinch on the side of waist. I look up to my sister "What was that for?!"

"You just found yourself a girlfriend and you suddenly decided to take a huge step like marriage already!? I mean I get that she's for keeps but are you really that in love already?!" She asked me. WHAT!? Me? In love? I certainly am not in love with her!

When I look over to our parents direction, they were unbelievably laughing. What the hell?

"Oh! What would I do with you!?" My sister said. She looks at me disappointed. "It was already the Bae Joohyun and you lost it!"

"Yej--" I was about to say something when I heard my brother's voice entered spoke.

"Oh good! You're all hear. We have a visitor." We all look to his direction.

"Who?" Mom

"Where?" Yeji, that's because he was the only one there.

"Wait! She's still talking to her driver." He walk to us and greeted us.

"Oppa! Did you know unnie's not getting married anymore?" Yeji said. I saw how surprise he is.

"What?" He look at me before facing our youngest again. "Then why..."

"Good Evening." I froze at the familiar voice I'm hearing now. "Sorry for the sudden visit Mr. and Mrs. Kang, I hope you don't mind." I didn't even need to look over to her direction to know who she is.

"Not at all. What brings you here Dear?" Mom asked. Next thing she said shocked the hell out of me.

What are you doing to me Joohyun? I can literally hear my own heartbeat now.

"Seulgi. I came here to pick up Seulgi."