Ch18

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Jennie walks through Lisa's door with confidence, ready to brag about her achievements or maybe ask for a reward. Once she opened the door, the lights were of like no one's there.

She furrowed her brows, she steps in then flicked the light switch on. She roam her eyes around, the table on the kitchen was full, different kinds of food are there but Jennie noticed it was all her favorites. 'Did she cooked all of those by herself?"

Now Jennie regrets not going home to Lisa last night.

She goes to Lisa's bedroom, she saw her there, lying on her bed with the sheets covering her whole body.

Jennie immediately pulled it down, worried that it might suffocate her since the AC was off.

Her temperature surprised Jennie when tip of her fingers accidentally touched Lisas forehead. She pressed her palm on her cheek, not pulling away even if it felt like her skin was burning at the first touch.

"Baby?" Jennie called softly but Lisa's not showing any signs of acknowledgement.

Sleeping was important for people who has fever but Jennie wants to make sure Lisa took some medicine.

Jennie lets her be for a while, she exits the room, taking a basin and three bottles of water, one was cold while the other two was frozen.

She puts two wet towels around the two iced bottle of water and placed it on the basin, she poured the cold water on it then bring it with her as she goes back to Lisa's room.

The first contact of the towel on Lisa's skin made her open her eyes. "Nini?"

She was about to sit but Jennie stopped her. "Stay still"

"Nini-ah" Her voice came out raspy. Jennie ignored it, she folded one of the towels then placed it on Lisa's forehead making her gasp.

"Are you upset? I'm sorry I didn't attend yesterday" Lisa asked, her voice sounds weak.

"I really want to but I can't"

"Jennie, talk to m-"

"I don't fucking care whether you go to that bullshit of a graduation or not" Jennie spats out harshly, she's angry but not to Lisa, never to Lisa. "You have your phone, make it useful and call Jisoo or anyone. I would go to you even if they're not yet calling my name, I would fucking ditch the whole thing if I know you're suffering with a damn fever," she tried to swallow the lump on her throat. "I feel useless"

Lisa quickly pulled Jennie's nape then snaked her arms around her neck. She pressed her lips on Jennie's forehead. "You're not. Don't stress yourself over me, I'm fine. Everything's fine"

Jennie pulled away, wiping her tears furiously. "It's not Lisa, I want you to hurt me, get mad and shout at me because hell, I feel like shit right now for acting like a goddamn kid, not returning here because I thought you didn't attend intentionally even when I'm bugging you about it evey fucking day" Jennie felt more guilty when Lisa only looked at her with the most gentle eyes.

"Come here" Lisa pats the space beside her as she pushed herself to sit.

As soon as Jennie did, Lisa cradles her cheek with her palm. "Don't get too troubled about it Nini, I've been living alone just fine before, getting sick but will eventually get over it. I'm fine, I love you" Lisa starts to brush her thumb along Jennie's cheek as she gave her a warm smile.

Jennie just stared before wordlessly lifting Lisa only to settle her on her lap. Jennie really likes it when Lisa sits on her lap, how could she not when Lisa's warmth would surround her whole, when she could keep her close, whisper in her ear, feel her soothing heartbeat and see her closely without any sexual agenda behind everything. It felt intimate.