Ch24

Lisa pushed her book aside when her phone rang, she reached for it and smiled when she saw Jennie's name.

"Hi-"

"Lisa? Is this Lalisa Manoban?"

She frowned at the unfamiliar voice. "Yes, why?"

Her frown deepened when the lady recites a hospital's name. She hurriedly stood up and goes outside but she called for a taxi instead of driving, it isn't practical to drive with trembling hands.

When she reached the hospital, she goes straight to the man at the front desk and asked for where Jennie is.

Lisa took a deep breath before walking to Jennie's bed.

A relieved sigh came out of her when her girlfriend's sheepish grin greets her.

"What happened?" Lisa observed her injuries and she can clearly see the cuts and bandages but it was still uplifting to know that it wasn't bad to the point where Jennie needs her own room here.

Jennie hums before saying, "Take a guess"

As much as she wanted to smack the hell out of Jennie, she can't. "Answer properly or I'll break your legs myself"

"How about... No?"

"Jennie Kim!"

Jennie scooted away when Lisa attempted to hit her shoulder. "Careful there, geez" she pats the space beside her. "Sit here baby"

"Is that allowed?"

"This is my bed" Jennie shrugged.

Lisa sighed. "That's not how it works Jennie"

"Who cares? Come" Jennie pulled her, they're lucky the curtain was close or a nurse would reprimand them.

Lisa pinched the bridge of her nose, she still doesn't know what happened and she's already stressed.

"I don't know if my hand still works" Jennie pouted.

"You patted the bed earlier" Lisa deadpanned.

Jennie ignores what she said for good. "Let's see if it does"

Lisa yelped at the sudden squeeze on her breast, she slaps Jennie's hand away and gave her a death glare.

"Oh, it still works!" Jennie beamed, it was a miracle that she isn't a tad bit scared with how Lisa looks like she wanted to kill her right then and there.

"I'll count to three-"

"No need, I'll tell you my wonderful story now" Jennie sneakily placed her hand on Lisa's thigh.

"So, I wasn't that injured-"

"Figured"

"-And I didn't break any bones but some parts still has to be wrapped in a bandage" Her expression turned sour. "I saved a fucking devil, there's this little satanic child who has an ice cream that I protected from being hit by a stupid teen that doesn't know how use a damn bike" She turned to Lisa with a very annoyed look.

"Did you know what I got in return?

"No?"

"A fucking wail babe! That godforsaken excuse of a child cried! I sacrificed my precious knees, elbows and lunch but she was more worried for her ice cream than me! She didn't even mutter a simple thank you and ran away like that! Ugh I hope all of her ice cream melts before she can even eat one" Jennie rants, she glared at no one and crossed her arms.

Lisa thinks she looks cute, what's more cuter is that Lisa knows Jennie was feeling proud of herself and was more at ease by the fact that the child is in a good condition. She's warmhearted like that.