Issue #14: Egg Scrambled!

Sonic is zooming at top speed and Gotuce is beside him in Super Saiyan.

Sonic calls Tails in for any news on the other cities.

Sonic: Yo Tails! You there?

Tails: I'm here! Where are you and Gotuce?

Sonic: we are not far outside from Barricade Town. Everything going well on your end?

Tails: Yes and very much no.

It switches to inside Tails workshop.

Tails: The bio-scanner that I gave you is coming in perfectly. On the other hand, Eggman hit Central City with the Metal Virus before we got to the city.

Sonic: Yikes. Hang tight. Me and Gotuce will make a u-turn and be there soon.

Tails: Wait, did you said that Gotuce was with you?

Sonic: Yeah, why?

Tails: Well did he get infected?

Sonic: Well, that's the good news. He can't get infected because of something within his DNA?

Tails: That's may prove to be of use, but we still need your speed data. It may be the only key to finding a cure! Plus it will be a backup in case anything goes wrong on my end!

Sonic: Gotcha! Still, stay safe!

Tails: Thanks. I should be fine.

We switch back to Sonic slowing down to a stop at Barricade Town.

Sonic: There's Barracide Town. Seems like it was yesterday, Knuckles and I were busting down Rough & Tumbles Extortion racket.  Now those mooks are zombots at the bottom of a mine. Hopefully the town......

Sonic and Gotuce see into the entrance.

Gotuce: Nope. Looks like it fell to the Metal Virus too.

Sonic: Should we check for survivo—

Gotuce: It's a no go. I already sensed the presence of the town and it came up with nothing but two ki signatures.

Sonic: Wait a minute.......Is that?

Sonic sees Eggman just above one of the walls.

Sonic: Eggman.

Gotuce clenches his fist in anger.
——————————————————
Eggman and Starline are seen to be arguing.

Starline: What if there was a spill on the face ship!? Or a mishap in the field?! Or it mutates and it becomes airborne?!

Eggman: You've reached my threshold for nitpicking, Doctor.

Starline: It's not nitpicking! It's common sense!

Eggman: You shut your bill or I'll staple it shut!

They are both startled by Sonic though Starline is even more terrified at the sight of Gotuce.

Sonic: Aww, is the honeymoon over already?

Eggman: Oh-Ho-Ho! If it isn't patient zero! Who's your angry looking friend there?

Starline: That was the person I was trying to get your interest in! But you didn't listen!

Eggman: Hmm. He just looks like he's in that Super form. Doesn't seem to pose a threat at all.

Starline: Oh sir. He very much does!

Sonic: You might want to listen to a fashion disaster over here Eggman. And he brought back your memories.