Issue #33: Leaving Eggperial City!

After a while of being chased by badniks and near death experiences, Sonic and Co had gotten on a ship before it was taken down by Metal Sonic drilling through.

Sonic is propped up by Tails as Metal Sonic is looming over them, menacingly.

Metal Sonic then began to charge up his own homeing attack.

Sonic: Not good! We gotta move!

Tails: Wait-KIT!

Tails hurries over to Kits seat and starts to frantically get his seatbelt off and at that point Metal Sonic unleashes his attack but Tails gets Kit and the rest out of there by a split second.

Sonic: That way! He won't be able to get up to full speed in there!

Sonic points through an alleyway.

Tails: I didn't get a great look at the city's layout from the shuttle. But from what I remember......if we take a left up ahead, we should be headed towards the wall!

Just then Metal Sonic showed up just behind them as he cracks the wall for rebound.

Tails: NOT LEFT! Definitely not left!

The group began to run ahead though Belle pleaded to Metal Sonic.

Belle: Metal, Stop, please! You don't have to do this!

As Metal began getting closer and closer, he reached with his hand towards them.

As Sonic and Tails pass by a balcony with barrels, Sonic has an idea.

Sonic: Tails, gimme a boost!

Tails does so as instructed and Sonic kicks the barrels down to slow Metal down which it does.

Sonic: Phew. That should slow him down.

Tails: I recognize those crystals! It shouldn't be too hard too-

Suddenly Belle is having difficulty holding Kit up.

Belle: Ugh, I'm trying to help! If we don't get out of here-

Kit: Let me go!

Kit elbows Belle on the nose which made her fall onto Kit.

Tails: Kit, it's okay, nobody's going to hurt you.....

Kit: No! Where's Surge?! I-I need.....I need to find her!

Tails: Uh, she-well-.

Kit: It's been too long. She'll be so angry.

Then Sonic hears the Sounds of Metal Sonic recovering and making his way to their location.

Sonic: Okay, this is a big ask, but......Metal Sonic is coming, fast, out of all of us you're currently the only one who can stop him from turning us into his lunch meat.

Kit: I-I....

Sonic: We're out of time, Kit. You can use those wacky water powers of yours to make Metal severely regret his life choices, you in?

Kit brings his hand up but is hesitant but ultimately shakes Sonics hand.

Kit:......yes, sir.

Sonic: Nice, thank you.

Kit: I-Im going to need some water to recharge my pack, though.......

Tails: It still holds a pressurized reservoir, right? We're going to need a lot of liquid......

Jus then what sounded like pipes bursting was only Belle kicking them open with her leg.

Belle: How's this?

Tails: Th-That'll do it.

Then Metal burst through the alleyway full speed.

As Metal was getting closer to the group in the open area, Tails calls out to Kit with words of encouragement.

Tails: You got this, Kit!

The eyes in Kit light up as he is about to attack Metal until Gotuce teleports in with a brutal punch to Metals Face fueled by the power of Super Saiyan Blue Evolution.

Gotuce: RAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!

With that single punch, it sent Metal far away as it also destroyed the alley way with its surrounding walls revealing the majority of The city destruction along Gotuce awakened rage.

Sonic: Hey! Hey! Gotuce!

Gotuce pants as he de transforms out of the state which leaves him exhausted.

Gotuce: Huh?......Oh, hey Sonic.....

Sonic: Sheesh you look like you're on the verge of passing out.

Gotuce: I-I am? G-Geez I misunderstood the usage of Super Saiyan Blue Evolution then.

Gotuce then notices Kit amongst them.

Gotuce: Who is that?

Tails: Oh? This is Kitsunami but he goes by Kit!

Gotuce then gets up which is a bit of a struggle and makes his way to Kit who is slightly shaking from Gotuce's bigger frame build.

Once he was in front, Kit just closed his eyes from any incoming harm but it doesn't and he felt is a hand on his head.

Kit opens his eyes onto for Gotuce to kneel at his level.

Gotuce: You look like you've also suffered through a lot..........

Kit whimpers from this comment.

Gotuce: Hey.....it's okay. I had this same talk with a green Tenrec a while back to which I assumed was your partner?

Kit: Y-Yes.....did you.....hurt Surge?

Gotuce: I didn't hurt as much as I originally wanted to because I wasn't the only one suffering from their past.......

Kit: What.....?

Gotuce: I made a promise to myself for others to never feel what I suffered through which I had lost everything, my family, my home, my entire universe........

Kit starts to be at ease to Gotuce's words.

Gotuce: Which is why I intend to at least help you and Surge get through your conflicts even if Surge doesn't want to........I'll still help you two jus to see you smile without any worries.

Then Gotuce hugged Kit to which Kit squirmed around to get out of it but stopped before realizing that the hug was from pure genuine care and love and he hugs back before letting tears roll down his eyes.