Issue #36: Still Some Fight Left!

In an Unknown base, Kit was seated at a computer while Surge was a few feet away.

Kit: That's everything in the base, routed to you.

Surge: Eh?

Kit: Oh. Sorry.....the breaker was overloaded, until it restarted, and we're on emergency power.

Surge: Ugh....Fine. It'll do for now. Gotta be ready, Sonic nor that Gotuce guy won't leave us alone, so long we're not marching in lockstep with him.

Kit: I- I don't think Mister Gotuce was going after up but was rather upset that you hurt the wolf......

Surge: Why do you think that?

Kit: It's just that he seemed protective of the wolf and h-he was trying to help me........maybe h-he can help you too?

Surge: Tch......there's no one who can else us with this........no one....
------------------
Sonic and Tails had made it to what was supposedly is Surge and Kits location.

Tails: An Eggman base? Wait, no....look at the insignia!

Sonic: Huh, Starline sure made himself comfortable.

They both make it to the entrance.

Sonic: Dark, Dank, Foreboding.......If they're not in here, I'll eat my own shoe.

Just then Sonic heard what was a turbine engine before being dragged inside by Metal Sonic.

Tails: SONIC! I'm coming!

But then he saw Eggman on a walker with an army of badniks behind him.

Eggman: Blast it, Metal! I didn't say you could run off! Get back here this inst-Oh.

Eggman notice Tails below him.

Eggman: I take it your here with the rat. So Metal just went after....?

They both head inside.
------------------
Both Sonic and Metal were zipping around the area, fighting.

Sonic: That certainly was something back in Egghead's city. I haven't seen you that mad in a while. But you still put on the brakes for Belle. Just for a second......you wanna talk about that?

Metal them smalls Sonic into a crate before Tails comes in licking which Metal grabs.

Tails: Sorry I'm late, ron into Eggman!

Sonic: He's here? Figures. All right, go time! Metal, I'm not giving up on you yet!
------------------
Moments earlier.....

Eggman: Slow down, will you! Always with the running......fine. A shortcut it is.

Eggman checks a map on his mech.

Eggman: GAH! That platypus went and made modifications to my flawless floor plan?! What a hassle. At least I can still track down the Dynamo Cage's location. That can't be right.....How can it be right on top of-

Suddenly Eggman shoots at the ceiling revealing Surge hiding in the rafters.

Then Surge jumps on top the mech.

Eggman: GAH!

Surge: Bad news, old man. I'm not letting you off easy this time.

Eggman throws Surge down.

Eggman: Get down from my machine!

Surge lands into a group of badniks.

Eggman: Robots, hold her down!

The robots pile on her but pink spikes shoot out, impaling them all.

Surge: Do you really think that would stop me?