Chapter 2

TW: Anaphylactic shock, mention of sh scars

Her sunburn hurt Maya quite a little, when she put her turnsouts on. Luckly her calls were short the first few days.
She was upstairs reaplying her burncream, when the door opened. "Hey. Uh. That is quite a sunburn." Andy said. "I know." "Need help." Maya struggled with her back. "Yes." Andy put cream on Mayas back. "Carina kills me, if i am not putting it on." "That is very smart." Andy closed the bottle and Maya slipped her brastraps back up. "You have fallen hard." Andy stated. "I don't know. It just seems so easy with her." "I love that for you. Maya Bishop settling down." "I am not settling. I have a girlfriend, thats it. Please slow down." "Before we know it you are married with a house and kids." Maya laughed. It felt good talking to Andy again. "Yeah right. By the way. What about you and Sullivan?" "Its good. I really love him." "If he hurts you. I'll hurt him." "Same goes for Carina. Just so you know." Andy smiled and squeezed Mayas hand.

"Bishop. There is someone at the door for you." Warren yelled. Maya went to the front door. It was Carina. "Hi. I am on my lunch break. I thought we could have lunch together." "I'd love that." "I made some asian noodles with vegetables. I hope you like it. If you made it sure." Maya smiled. They went to Mayas office and shared a deep kiss. "Hi." Maya said when they broke it. "Hi." Carina kissed Mayas flaky cheaks and nose. "It looks slightly better." "It does." Maya kissed Carinas neck and caresed her back. "Okay. Bambina." Carina said as she broke away. "I am really hungry. Lets eat than maybe we have some time afterwards." "Okay." Maya sat down on the couch and pulled a little table infront of them so Carina could put the food on there.

It was really good. They ate it and then continued on kissing and touching. Carina just started to open Mayas shirt, when Maya started coughing and reached for her throat. "Whats wrong?" Maya gasped out. "My throat is closing." "What? Why? Is it a panikattack?" "No.... Allergy." Maya struggled to get out a word. "Shit. Do you have an epipen?" Carina said as she helped Maya lay down. "First.. drawer..." Maya gasped. "Its okay. I got you. Its okay." Carina opened the drawer and found ths little orange tube. "Okay. Just try to stay calm." Carina took it out of the box, took the blue cover off. "Ready?" Maya didn't answer and Carina pressed the orange part down. "Good. Good. Breathe." Carina put the pen away and massaged the sore injection site. "Good. I got you." She kept talking to Maya. "What are you allergic to, Bambina?" "Sesame." Maya said out of breath. "I am so sorry. I didn't know." "I didn't tell you. I forgot." "Maya this is serious. You need to tell me stuff like that. So i don't accidently kill you with sesameoil." "I didn't know such thing existed." Maya said. "Still. How often have you had an anaphylactic shock?" "Like 8 or 9 times." "Maya. Thats not good." Carina said. "Sorry." "Its okay, lets go to the hospital." "Why?" Maya felt better. She was shaking, but that happend after getting a shot of adrenalin in her body. "That is what you have to do after an anaphylactic shock." "I never did that. I have the epipen. I feel fine. I just have to buy a new one." "But you could have a second shock." "Has never happend."  "If you get called to a scene, with a patient, who has had an anaphylactic shock and recieved an epipen shot, would you take them to the hospital?" "Yes, they could have a second shock." Maya stood up on shaky legs. Carina stabilzed her. "They why aren't you going?" "I am the captain. I can't just leave." "Maya you almost died." Carina yelled and watched Maya flinch. "Sorry. I shouldn't yell." "Its okay." Maya sat down in her chair. She felt truely terrible, but she had a 24 hour and that was nowhere near close to over. "You are so stubborn." Carina left the office.

"Ben. You are a doctor aswell, get your ass in your captains office and tell her to go to the hospital." "What why?" "Because she had a major allergic reaction, she needed her epipen." "Bishop, come on. The Aidcar is in the barn. Lets go. Herrera Montgomery come down please." Andy and Travis came downstairs and looked questionigly. "Bishop needs to go to the hospital. She had an allergic reaction." "Okay. Maya come on." "I feel fine." "Nope. Not buying it. You are shaking." "Okay. But let Carina and Montgomery take me, you need to be acting captain." Andy nodded. "Alright. I'll get Vic to take you with the other two. I don't trust you." Maya rolled her eyes. Carina helped her up and they walked to the Aid Car together.

"Bishop. Pleasure to see you here, to what do i owe the visit?" Amelia Shepard came in the bay. "Since when are you working ER?" Maya asked. "Since both Teddy and Owen have the stomach flu their kids took home from daycare." "Oh. Yuck." "Yes. Why are you here?" "Its really not that big of a deal." Maya said, but Carina interupted her. "She had an anaphylactic shock." "Oh. " Amelia looked at Maya. "I gave her a shot with her epipen, but we wanted to make sure she is fine and get her checked out." Carina supressed a laugh at Mayas scrunched up face. "Alright." "What did you eat?" "Carinas asian noodles." "I am still so very sorry." Carina said. "You didn't know." "I made them with sesame oil, but she is allergic." "I tryed the hyposensitiving once when i was like 12 or 13. It didn't work at all. I had major reactions." "Okay. Well an allergy is nothing you need to be embaressed by." Amelia looked into Mayas eyes and then took some of her blood and handed it to an intern. "Take off your pants and use this blanket to cover yourself. I need to check the injectionsite."

Maya did and Amelia cleaned the sore sight already forming a bruise. Carina frowned at something else. She had already seen the scars, but mostly in a dimly lit room, never in the broad daylight, or the flurecent lights of the hospital. She had never asked about them. She figured if Maya wanted to talk about it, she would. Carina could think of what the scars were, but she just didn't want to assume and so she kept quiet. They seemed to be healed after all.

"Okay. Maya you seem fine, if you have someone to watch you, you can leave." "Well my roomate just moved out so..." "I can watch you?" Carina suggested. "I thought you were on shift." "I was, but i had someone cover for me." Maya lifted her eyebrows. That was so nice, noone had ever done something so nice for her. "You're welcome, Bella." Carina smiled. "Watch the injectionsite." Amelia started, but Maya interupted. "If it gets red and hot or i get a fever, come back to the ER. I am aware. I've had those before." "Okay. Then you are out of here." "Great." Maya put her pants back on and left the ER with Carina on her side.