Chapter 31

The hospital room became a cocoon of hushed whispers and the rhythmic hum of machines, as Carina's condition worsened. Guillain-Barré Syndrome had tightened its grip, leaving her paralyzed and struggling for each breath. Maya, always by Carina's side, felt helpless as she watched the woman she loved struggling to breath

As Carina's breathing became increasingly labored, the medical team made the difficult decision to induce an artificial coma, a last-ditch effort to give her body the rest it so desperately needed. Maya clung to a thread of hope, her eyes welling with tears as she whispered words of encouragement to Carina, while they administered the medication and intubated her.

In the quiet confines of Carina's unconscious mind, a dream unfolded. Carina found herself in a surreal realm, where reality and imagination danced on the edges of perception. The surroundings morphed into a beach bathed in soft, ethereal light, and a gentle breeze carried the scent of familiar flowers.

In the midst of this dreamscape, Carina was greeted by  figures of her brother and mother. Their presence brought a mix of emotions—comfort and sorrow, joy and longing. It was a reunion that transcended the boundaries of the tangible world.

"Carina," Andrea spoke, his voice a whisper carried by the breeze. "You're not alone. We're here with you."

Lucia's ethereal form enveloped her in an embrace, a warmth that transcended the dream itself. "You're not meant to leave this world yet, amore mia. It's not your time yet."

Carina, caught between the realms of consciousness and dreams, felt a surge of emotions. Tears welled in her eyes. "I miss you both so much."

Andrew smiled, love in his eyes. "We never truly left you, Carina. We're a part of your spirit, your strength."

As they walked through the dream beach, memories intertwined with moments that never were. Laughter echoed, and the colors of the waves seemed to dance in harmony with the emotions that swirled within Carina's heart.

In the dream's embrace, Carina's mother spoke with a gentle urgency, "You have to fight, Carina. There's strength within you that even you don't fully understand. It's not your time to die."

The gravity of the situation settled upon Carina's dream-state consciousness. "I don't want to leave Maya. I love her so much."

Her brother placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Love is a force that transcends time and space. Maya needs you, and you need to fight for the life you've built together."

The dream beach shifted, and a new scene emerged—a reflection of Maya sitting by Carina's bedside in the hospital. The monitors beeped rhythmically, a fragile symphony of hope. Maya's face held a mix of weariness and determination.

Carina, now aware of the connection between the dream and reality, felt a surge of energy. "I have to go back. I can't let Maya face this alone."

Her mother nodded, her eyes brimming with pride. "That's the spirit, my love. Embrace the strength within you."

As the dream began to fade, Carina felt a gentle pull, a force urging her to return to the realm of the living. Her brother whispered, "Remember, Carina, we never left you."

With those parting words, Carina felt herself being drawn back into consciousness. The dream beach dissolved, and the familiar sounds of the hospital room replaced the ethereal echoes of her dream.

Maya, unaware of the otherworldly journey Carina had undertaken, continued to hold her hand and whisper words of encouragement.
It has been over a week and Maya only left Carinas side, when ther friends forced her. They came and brought her food and offered to sit with Carina while Maya took a shower or got a good nights sleep. But Maya felt an extrem panik all the time she left Carina, so even if she tryed she couldn't sleep away from her.
The Monday marking 6 days in the Artifical Coma was the day they lowered Carinas sedation and Maya waited desperatly willing for Carina to wake up.

"Wake up, Honey. I need you. We will build a house together and we want to have kids and a dog or a cat. I think you are more a dog person, but maybe we will have both. We will paint it fun coulors and you can have the libary you dreamed of with the ladder and the big armchair. We will have kids running around. If they aren't biologically ours maybe we can adopt. I am sure lots of kids need a home. I love you so much. And you have so much love to give. Please, Honey please, open your pretty eyes for me."

Carina groaned. She gaged and coughed. "Hold still. There is a tube in your throat." A nurse came and extubates her. Carinas throat was way to raw to speak, but she smiled at Maya, she heard every word of Mayas speach and she wants to archieve each one with Maya.

THE END

AN: dont be sad. Part 2 comming very soon.

I already prewrote some chapters for the second part, but i am at a Clinic rightnow and i am exhausted most of the time. So only one chapter per week. But i have 8 prewritten ones and 4-6 more weeks so no worrys you get your chapters.

As for this on please write what has been your favorite chapter? What did you like the best? I am so greatfull for all feedback.