Chapter 24

Maya was laying awake. She starred the ceiling. It was only three days before the hearing. She would have to face her father again, but she would also finally get justice, hopefully.

"Bambina? Are you awake?" "Yes." "Are you thinking about the courtdate?" "Mhm." Carina moved over to wrap Maya in her arms. "It will be okay. I will not let him touch you." Maya chuckled. She turned into Carinas embrace and fell asleep. 

Their alarm woke them up. They were both sceduled to work a 24 hour shift starting at 8 o'clock. Carina made them both coffee and Maya made a smoothie for herself. Carina at a yogourt with some cornflakes and within 45 Minutes they were ready and out the door. 

"Good Job team. Go have something to eat." Maya yelled to her team as they jumped off the rigs in the barn. The call was short and easy, but they did do a perfect job. It was not even 11 yet. Maya looked at her phone. Carina had called her. 'Weird' Carina would usually text, she knew Maya would not be able to pick up the phone on a call. She looked at her texts. Nothing. She quickly diled Carinas number and called. 

"Hey. Maya. Good that you called back." "Hey. Yeah. I was a bid confused, because you usually text." "I didn't know what to text. Maya, your mother is in the hospital." "My mother? But she lives in Portland, what is she doing in Seattle?" "I don't know. You need to come over." "Yes. Yeah. Ehm okay. Are you with her, is she okay?" "No. They are taking her up to surgery. She was uncouncious. I don't know what happend." "Okay. See you in a minute." Maya hung up, before Carina could even say anything. "ANDY!!!" Maya yelled. "Andy. Can you take over as Captain. I need to go to the hospital. My mother is in the hospital. I need to..." "Maya breathe." Maya took a deep breath. "My mother is in the hospital. Carina called, she said she is being taken into surgery." "Okay. GO. I got this here." 

Maya drove as fast as legaly possible. She found a parkingspot and ran to the entrance. She made her way to the ER and looked for Carina. "I'm looking for Dr. Deluca?" "She is upstairs in OB." "Oh okay. Can you tell me what happend to Kathrine Bishop?" "Are you related?" the nurse asked. "She is my mom." "Okay. So it looks like Dr. Altman is operating on her." "Okay. Thank you." "Your welcome, just wait in the waiting room. Dr. Altmann will come find you when they are done." Maya nodded. But she made her way up to Ob to find Carina. 

"Hey. Bambina." "Hey. Can you please open up my mothers file. They are not telling me what happend." "Lets just go downstairs. Dr. Altmann wants to talk to you." "Wait. Isn't she operating?" "Just come with me." Mayas brain was running at a hundret miles an hour. Why was she here? What had happend? If they were done already it wasn't that bad? 

"Bishop?" Dr. Altmann asked. "Hi Dr. Altmann." "I am so sorry, Bishop. We did everything we could. She lost too much blood. There was nothing we could do." Mayas eyes opened wide. "What? Why. How?" "She was stabbed with a kitchen knife. She bled out. We tried to stabilize her but she already coded twice on the aidcar and then again on the way to the OR and we couldn't get her back. I am very sorry." Maya sat down, she felt very shaky. "Okay. Do you know where she was found?" "At her house. 12th avenue Southwest." "Lane." Maya breathed out. Her chest was tight and her throat started to tingle. Breathing became harder and there was a high pitched rining sound in her head. "Maya?" she heard but it was far away. Her mother was dead and her father had killed her. 

Mayas gaze was far away. When Teddy had paged Carina into the ER Carina had been scared Maya was hurt again. She was releaved when it wasn't Maya, but also terrified. Maya didn't deserve this. She kneeled down infront of her wife. "Maya. Hey. Come back to me. Come back. Come on. Maya. Bambina. Feel my hands. Can you feel my hands." She softly rubbed her hands and talked to her. "Come on Bambina. Look at me. It will be okay. Look at me. Yes. Yes. Good. Feel my hands. Can you feel them?" It took another 15 Minutes before Maya was fully back. Teddy had waited and was now bringing them into the room they had pushed Kathrine Bishops body in. 

Maya wasn't crying. She was numb. Her body felt numb. She hadn't talked to her mother in a long time. They were both victims of Lanes abuse, but still Maya couldn't help but resent her mother for not helping her in certain situations. They had lived apart from eachother knowing that they would never be close again. It was okay. But this? Up until now there was always the option of eventually becoming closer again, but now it was over. Mayas hands were shaking. her breathing was still laboured. "Fuck." She breathed out. Carina was crying silent tears. It reminded her of her mother and her brother, whom she had both lost too early. But she tryed to stay strong for Maya. There was a knock at the door. "Maya?" Teddy asked. Maya turned. "There are police men. They want to speak to you." Maya nodded. She stood up in a near robotic mannor and went outside. 

"So your mother was living in Portland?" "That is what i knew. We had barely any contact." "Why?" "My father abused us when i was little. She was abused too, but she was the adult and she never stood up for me. I know this isn't fair, i know. But she was supposed to protect me and my brother and she didn't. I needed a little more time to forgive her."

"Your brother?" "Yes. Mason Bishop. I don't know where he is or if he is still alive. He was kicked out the house at 14. He OD for the first time at 20. That was 10 years ago. I met him like 4 years ago, but he didn't want anything to do with me. I don't know where he is now. I was trying to look for him. But i don't nessicaryly know how."

"We will try to find him." "Why?" "The voice that called 911 was a young male voice. We want to know who it was?" "young male? You think it was my brother?" "Maybe. We know your mother was stabbed at your house." "Its not my house." "At 12th Avenue  South west Lane Bishop was currently there under house arrest. He is fugative." "Wait. Lane is out?" "Yes. But he still has the shakle. So we should find him soon." "What if he kills me next?What if he comes and kills me?"

"That will not happen, Ma'm. We will find him." "What do i do until then?" "Does he know where you live?" "Yes?" "Do you think he would come to your house?" "Yes." "Can you tell me the adresse?" "Sure." Maya wrote it down. The Policeman took the paper and left the room. Carina had been quiet other than a frequent gasp. This was so scary. Maya squezzed her hand. 

There was a knock at the door.
Carina stood up to open it. It was the entirety of A-shift. "What?" Carina gasped. "Miranda texted us." "If he wants to hurt Maya, he has do get through us first." Andy said and got into fighting position. Carina chuckled. All of them squezzed into the small confrence room, when suddenly a loud breaking sound cut through the room.