Chapter 12

Three days after she had been to Amelias Carina had to go back to work. Andy had promised to stay with Maya , who had yet to get out of bed. She wasn't sleeping, but except for going to the bathroom, she hadn't left her bed. Not even when Diane came over. Maya said barely 3 Words in that session. Diane had referred to a psychiatrist and agreed with trying Medication. She would also try EMDR, but Maya had to participate for that to work.

When Carina was paged to a trauma in the pit the minute she had put on her scrubs, she knew it would be a long shift. The disposable heating pad sticking to her back was good, but not enough. When she scrubed in next to Amelia she groaned. "Are you okay?" "I think I might be getting old. My back is killing me." "Hey, i'm older than you." "Pfff." Carina sighed.

"What are we looking at?" She asked Amelia as they stepped into the OR. "Cranial Hematoma. I will performe a craniotomy and you will monitor the baby. She is 27 weeks pregnant with twins." "I know her. She gets her check ups here. Leyla Philips?" "Yes. Okay. I really don't want her to go into labour, but we will see." "The NICU is on stand-by." Carina added and Amelia started her procedure.

Two hours into the surgery the fetal monitor started beeping. "What is wrong?" "One of the babys is in distress. Wait." Carina quickly sets an ultrasound on, but turns too fast and hisses. "Cazzo. Hffff." "Dr. Deluca, are you okay?" "Si. Okay. The baby is okay aswell. She just moved a little and the monitor couldn't read her heartbeat as well anymore."

The rest of the surgery had been okay. Except for Carinas backpain. When she got out she was pale as a ghost. "Seriously Carina, you need to get that back checked out. When are you off?" "Today at 8pm." "Good come to my office after that. And now come with me." Amelia guided Carina into a procedure room. "Lift your shirt?" Amelia wiped an area and injected some painmeds. Carina yelped. "Sorry. But I can't watch you like that. Just come to my office, please." "I will."

The rest of the day was stressfull, but okay the pain meds helped and Carina was able to juggle regular scheduled visits with ER calls and paperwork. The last surgery for the day was a Hysterectomy. It was an entirely planed procedure, but it was still heartbreaking. The patient had stage 1 cervical cancer and the radical hysterectomy gave her the best chances.  Carina scrubed I with on of her resident. Dr. Lilly Seifert. She was a very good student and Carina apeciared her very much. It was one of the easiest desicions to invest in a speach to Text program for the OR. While Lilly had cochlear implants the device helped her only so much. Carina guided her student through the procedure. Dr. Seifert was very precise and had super steady hands. Carina was amazed by how much the resident had learned. They were almost done with the procedure, when Lilly looked at Carinas face. "Dr. Deluca." Carina looked up from the artery she was closing. "What is is?" Carina said, snuffling. "You are bleading. Your mask is full of blood." That was when Carina realized it herself. "Oh. Hm.. shit.ahh Sorry. Dr. Seifert you can wait for another OB. I have to step out." "Okay. Dr. DeLuca. Do you think I can close by myself?" Carina held her nose close with her fingers "I will page an attending to watch you, but you can do it. Just wait for an attending." "Thank you."  Carina left ripping off the gown and bending over the scrub sink. She spit out some blood and went to clean her nose, but the blood streamed out like nothing. Suddely she felt something cold in her neck. "Keep it there, it helps with the bleading." BokHee the scrub nurse had place an ice pack under her braid. "Thank you. I'm so sorry. This is so embaressing." "No. Not at all. It happens." Carina paged her on call OB attending and waited for the bleeding to stop. After 5 Minutes Dr. Crawford came and scrubbed in. Carina sighed. "Oh. Dr. DeLuca, did you get in a fight?" He smirked. "No. It keeps happening. It I don't know. The cold weather." "Okay, well feel better." Carina nodded then checked the time, 8:12 pm. She picked up some paper towels the bleeding was mostly gone, but she just wanted get away.

She walked across Amelias office when she rememberd what she had promise Amelia. She quickly knocked on the door. "Come in." Carina opened the door. "Room 4 is free.. Jesus Carina, what happend?" "Its a nosebleed. It happens. You have a little boy, don't those have those all the time." "Yes, because he keeps running into stuff. He is a toddler. Are you okay?" "Yes. I am. Its all better. I just need to clean my face."

When Carina was all cleaned up they walked over to the free exam room. " Can you take off your T-shirt?" Carina nodded and took it off. Amelia desinfected her hands and examined Carinas back. "Girl, relax. You are so tense." "Well Maya hasn't left the bed since we came home from Dianes a few days ago. She is struggling and so I am not relaxed." "Okay. I get it. Can you tell me where it hurts?" Carina reached back and showed her. "Here." "Okay." Amelia pressed into where Carina had showed her. "Ahhh." Carina hissed. "Okay. Lets get an X-Ray." Carina nodded and put her scrub top back on.

"Okay. You have a disc herniation. Here." Carina looked at the images and sighed. "Why?" "I don't know. I will prescribe you pain meds and physio therapy. Its not bad enough to need surgery, but we will keep an eye on it." "Okay. Thank you Amelia." "Next time something hurts, you just go to the doctor by yourself?" "Maybe???" "Go home now. Cuddle your girl." "If she lets me." "I'm so sorry. I'm here to talk you know." "I know, thank you."

An: Anyone else having trouble with Wattpad right now?
On my other story the chapters are totaly out of order and even if i put them back in order and save it, it still is out of order? Anyone have a solution how to fix it??