Chapter 17

TW: Pain, Vomit, Broken bones

Two weeks after the two of them met at the courthouse with Andy and Amelia. They decided to just simply sign it and then celebrate in the spring giving Andy, Vic, Teddy and Amelia more time to plan. For today they would just sign and have lunch with Andy and Amelia and then spend the rest of the day in bed. 

And as time always does when you want it to go slow, it went by fast and the day came. It was Carinas depature. "Just a month." Maya said at the airport. Carina was already crying. "Just a month. We will facetime everyday and we will text." "Yes. I love you. It will be fine." "Okay. I am going now. Or i will never leave." She sobbed, but tryed to smile. "Call me, when you arrive." Carina nodded and turned around. Maya waited until she couldn't see her anymore and left. 

"Maya?" Andy knocked on the door. "Come on. You need to get up." "No." "Come on." Andy pulled Mayas blanked off and pulled her up. "Now. We will go out together." "No. I miss Carina." "Well not this evening. Come on. Lets go." 

Maya was beyond grateful for Andy and Vic during those times. They helped her not slip into depression again. They cooked and forced her to eat and made her go out with them and have fun. Carina was working at Gabris hospital and helping where she could. The hospital was severely understaffed and so she was occupied. 

Almost everyday they talked over the phone. Cooked together or ate together, when one of them went to sleep, the other would talk to them until they did. They tryed to keep as much contact as possible. They even sometimes sent sexy photos just to tease eachother. One evening Maya had been sitting at dinner with the station, when her phone dinged, signaling a message. It was a picture of Carina in her bed only her thin sheats covering her. Her right had was underneat the sheets and her face showed a very pleasured look. She captioned it with. "Dreamed about you." Maya almost choked on her chilli and grew bright red. "Whats wrong, Bishop? Too spicy?" Travis teased "No. No." Maya coughed. "Its not the chilli thats spicy." Andy said. Maya groaned and got up. She quickly called Carina to take care of the situation. 

Time went by, and although it felt like an eternity finally the last few days came. Carina was so excited. She had finished packing three days before she actually went back home. Her paperwork went through and she was beyond ready to see Maya again. When she scrolled through her phone, she decided to get an earlier flight. She quickly checked and found one that took off in three hours, since she wasn't tired she booked it. "Perfect." Carina smiled, she would surprise Maya. 

When Carina stepped on that plane Maya was at a 4 alarm fire. Since the battalion chief took over incident command, she had gone into the building with Hughes on search and Rescue. "Bishop. There is someone in here." Vic yelled. They were currently on the fourth floor of a 8 story building. The fire was on the fifth and it was nowhere near controlled. Maya helped Vic get a desk of a young woman. She was uncousious, but breathing. "Alright. Lets get her out." Maya said. 

In that moment the building shook and a bunch of the cealing collapsed onto them. Maya quickly jumped over the victim to protect her from the falling debree. Pain shot up her right arm and she hissed. "Damn it." Vic yelled. Maya coughed. Her mask was broken and smoke filled the room. The collapsed cealing had blocked their way to the staircase. They were trapped. 

"Chief- Its Vic Hughes. Captain Bishop and i are trapped on the fourth floor. West side. No way to get out." "Copy Huges. I will see what i can do." "Hurry. Bishop is hurt." "I'm fine Huges." Maya groaned. But she knew she wasn't. The pain in her arm made her dizzy and feel sick. Her vision was blotchy and breathing got harder and harder the more smoke came into the room. Vic walked around to look for an exit. "The windows." Maya gasped. They need to blow up the fall cusions and we jump." "Are you serious?" "Yes. Its the only way." Maya got up and immediatly grew two shades paler. "Maya?" "I'm okay. My arm is broken, i think." "You think?" Vic huffed. Maya glared at her. "Lets just get out of here." Maya groaned and leaned onto the wall. "Allright. I will take the victim and you will see to get yourself out. Got it." "Copy." Maya nodded. 

"Allright. The cusion is ready. On 3- so one two jump. Got it?" "Copy." Maya sighed. She was beyond exhausted. The pain and the lack of air made her head swim. Vic took her oxygen mask and gear off and hoisted the viction onto her front. She held on finger up. Then two. They jumped. 

Maya landed on her back, but it pressed all the air out of her lungs and for a moment she felt like she couldn't breath. She gasped and her vision blackend. Then the pain hit her. It was so bad her stomach turned and she had a hard time not to throw up. Andy helped her from the pad and frowned. "Maya?" Maya shook her head and coughed. Each cough shot a new wave of terrible pain through her and when Andy tryed to get her standing, she collapsed and threw up. Andy rubbed her back and held her upright. "Its okay. We got you. Get a gurney over here please!" Andy yelled and helped Maya sit up when the blond had finished emptiing the contents of her stomach. "What happened?" "My arm." Maya was still gasping for air. "And my mask....broke..." A new coughing fit made her tobble over again. "Okay. Lets take the jacket off." Maya shook her head. "No.... Hurts." Andy sighed. "We need to. Come on." Andy took the jacket off the good arm and then off the bad, makeing the pale white Maya go paler again and tipp backwards. Thanks to Andys quick reaction she caught Maya and layed her down softly. "Lets get you to a hospital." 

The ride to the hospital was terrible. Were they always so bumpy? Maya groaned at every bump and stop. Andy could just watch her sister suffer and it broke her heart. "Do you want me to call Carina?" " No its night... in italy. She is... sleeping. She hasn't been... sleeping..well...back pain..." "She really should see a doctor. I mean she works with lots of them." "She wants... Amelia... When she ....comes back...thhhh..." Maya pulled the air in through her teeth. "I'm so sorry, Mai. We are almost there." Andy grabed her good hand. "But you will call her when it is 8 o'clock at hers, okay?" "Mhm.." Maya squeezed her eyes close to not throw up. 

An: i just realized i forgot to update on Sunday. If anyone notices i haven't posted on a sunday. Please text me. But here it is.