Chapter 22

TW: Abortion, Vomit

"Hey Maya. I know i am in a greyzone here. But maybe talk to Vic. She needs a friend. And don't ask, i can't tell you. And don't tell her i told you. But maybe invite her over. You are bored when i am at work and she needs a friend." "Okay??" Maya looked confused over her smoothie. "I can't tell you more." Carina grabbed her bottle of smoothie Maya had prepared and the lunchbox and kissed the blonde. "I love your new hair." She said and brushed over it. Maya smiled. "Bye. Love you." 

After calling Vic and asking her to come over Maya quickly changed into a turtle neck. She didn't want Vic to see the bruises, but she also didn't want to have to see them herself evertime she walked past something that mirrores her.

"Hey. Oh i am so happy you came over. I am so bored." "Yeah. Me too. Being off work sucks." Vic said. "Oh you are off work too?" Maya said. "Yeah didn't Andy tell you?" "No." "Well. I.. I had some trouble with... my oxygen.. so i am off work for two weeks." "Two weeks. Wow. Vic." Maya couldn't shake the feeling that that was not the reason she was off work. "You want some coffee?" Maya said. "Ah no. You have Green tea?" Maya looked confused. "Since when are you a tea drinker?" "I just already had coffee." Vic said too quikly. Maya poured herself a cup and switched the kettle on for Vics tea. She poured it and gave it to Vic. Vic however lost all colour and ran to the bathroom. "Vic?" Maya followed her. 

"Oh." Maya pulled the currly hair out of Vics face, as she threw up. "Sorry. Sorry." Vic gasped in between heaves.  "Don't appologize. Are you okay?" "NO. Maya! I am not okay." Vic nearly yelled, only to throw up again. Maya handed her a piece of toilet paper and a glass of water when she was done. She picked out a new toothbrush and handed it to Vic. The younger woman took it and brushed her teeth. Maya just watched her, leaning in the doorway. Vic sighed. "It was the coffee. Maya, i'm pregnant." "Oh. Oh!" "Yeah. Theo wants to keep it. But i can't i don't want a baby. I.. No..." She started crying. "Sorry. Keeps happening." Maya pulled her in with her good arm and rubbed her back. "Lets go back to the livingroom." "Can you take the coffee away?" Vic snuffled. "Sure." Maya poured her coffee back in the pot in the kitchen and put the cup in the dishwasher.

"You know its your choice?" "Mhm. I made an appointment with your wive for a surgicall abortion. But i am still not sure. It is Theos baby too. What if he is mad? What if this is a dealbreaker?" "Did you talk about having kids beforehand?" "Hm. Yeah, well i told him i'd get the implant, because the pill is so difficult with shifts and that i still want to use condoms, because i do not want kids." Maya nodded."That was pretty clear, wasn't it?" "Yeah. We fought about it, it was hard. But we came to the conclusion to talk about it again in five years. That was one year ago. Theo is thrilled. He wants kids, but i have a feeling he also wants me to stay home with the kid." "He told you or you have a feeling?" "I have a feeling. But he always said he was so glad his mom was home with him, because after his dad died and she worked all the time, she didn't get to see her alot." Maya sighed. "I don't want a baby Maya." "Than have the abortion." "I can't have the surgical yet. It sucks. I just want to be done with it." "Take the pill." Maya said. "It sucks. Don't get me wrong, but two days and its over." "But Theo." "Its your body. He will get it, and if he doesn't he is not worth you." "Its not going to hurt any less." Maya nodded.

"Wait how do you know how a medical abortion is?" "Because i had one." Maya said. "When i was twenty." "Oh." Vic was quiet.  " I am just so scared. You know." "you are not alone in this. Okay? I will be here for you. You can camp out in my bathroom and i will bring you hot water bottles and tea and i will hold you when the cramps are bad okay?" Vic smiled. "You are the best Maya." "I just don't want you to go through this alone, because it sucks and doing it alone sucks double." Vic nodded. "You were alone?" Maya nodded. "But i was alone long before that. I didn't know it any different." "I am so sorry." Vics teary eyes looked at Maya, who was playing with her ring. "Its okay. I have Carina now. And you and Andy and the Station." "Yeah. I know you have like the most perfect wife and if i swung that way i would have seriously considered fighting you for her, but you know you have me too." "I know. Thanks Vic." Maya smiled and Vic rested her head on Mayas shoulder. 

"So you have never even considered girls?" "No." Like never?" "Seriously Maya. Not everyone is gay." Maya sighed. "My gaydar is usually really good, but i guess i read you wrong." Vic laughed. "Okay. There is one." "Who?" "Jo Willson? I have had a crush on her ever since she came and took in that save surrender baby. But i think it was more like i want to be her, than i want to be with her." "Oh. Yeah. Sure." Maya said ironically. Vic hit her. "You are so mean." "And you are so straight." Maya nodded stressing her sarcassm. Vic hit her with a pillow. 

About two hours later Vic had gotten the medication and was now laying on Mayas sofa. She was still too scared to call Theo. Maya watched her from the kitchen, warming up some soup. "Just call him. Tell him. I will be here for you." Vic nodded got up and diled Theos number. 

"Theo? Yeah. I took the medication.... No i am not having it. Its already over.... I am at Mayas.... Either you come and support me or its over.... Okay. Bye." Vic sighed and layed back down a tear running down her cheak. Maya rubbed her back and put a bowl of soup down. "Eat. Trust me you need the strength." "Thanks." 

There was a knock on the door. "Vic?" Maya opened. "She is sleeping. Come in." Maya was so happy Theo had come over. "She was so scared you were going to leave her." "I am not leaving her. She doesn't want kids. I do. Thats a fact, but i also want her and if that means no kids, than thats okay. I love her. And i feel bad that she was scared to tell me what she needs." "Is okay. You are here now. Go sit with her. I have to take care of something. I will be back in an hour or so." Theo nodded. "Help yourself to whatever she needs. I will be back. If you need something else, text me i'll pick it up for you."