Chapter 23

TW: Abuse, Abortion, implied Rape, Pain, 

Maya walked over to her lawyers office. It had been a few days since Lane got arrested and Maya had made her initial statement for the police and gotten a lawyer, who had collected everything Maya had told him. The problem was Maya had no evidence. She had the statments from her therapist and her Psychiatrist and the witness statment from Carina, but Lane was denying ever abusing Maya. Now Maya had an idea. It was a faint one, but she had to cling to every idea she got. Lane had been released until the court date in two weeks. A friend of his had paid the bail and he out. He had a shakle so he couldn't leave his grounds, but still Maya was terrified. She held the pepperspray tightly, when she walked over to her lawyers office. 

"Hello Mrs Deluca-Bishop. You told me you had a new idea for more evidence." Maya nodded. Its a long shot. "Any shot is good." 

Maya was twenty. Her father had left for the weekend. Maya had told her mother she was going on a run. Instead she was walking to the hospital two districs over. It took over an hour and she was exhausted. She wasn't feeling well. She had this cut under her shoulderblade, that wouldn't close. It was definatly infected. The hospital had a free clinic. Maya needed help. She was hoping for some antibiotics or a salve. She went into the clinic and got in line to check in. 
"Name, Age and what are you here for?" "I am here for a cut that isn't healing. It might be infected." "Name please?" The nurse asked. "What are you doing with those?" "Writing them down for your chart. We need to note down everything you use out of the clinic and why and therefore we need a name." "Mila Bosh" Maya said. She didn't want them to call her father and Mila Bosh was close enough that if they asked for id, they could have missunderstood her. "I'm twenty." "Okay. Wait over there." "Ehm. I read you do STD tests? I don't think anythings wrong, but its good to look from time to time." If she had to be honest she was absolutly afraid of catching anything from the old rich men. "Pee in this, give it to one of the nurses and then wait over there. Toilets are over there." Maya nooded. 

"Okay. Mila Bosh." A young blonde doctor said. Maya nodded and followed her. "Okay. My name is Dr. Stevens . You have a cut?" Maya nodded. "Its under my shoulderblade." "Okay take off your Hoodie please." Maya did. "Oh. That is most definatly infected. Did you not get stitces?" "No." Maya shook her head. "I don't have insurance." "Ah. Okay. Well i am glad you came. I am getting some supplies. I need to clean this out and therefore i need some anaestetics. Without it hurts like a bitch." Maya scoffed. "How did it happen?" Maya sighed. Lane had thrown a glass bottle at her and a shard of glass had gotten stuck. "It was a stupid accident. I am helping my brother build a treehouse for his kids. He was on top to finish the deck and i was underneath i don't even remember what i was doing. He had a soda up with him and he knocked it down and it hit me. My brother wanted me to go to the ER. He wanted to take me. But he was home alone with the kids and so i said i'd go by myself. But i went home and pulled it out. I sanitized it with vodka and just waited. He doesn't know, i am broke." "Okay. That was not very smart. But i get it. I grew up in a trailor park, so i know what its like to be poor." Maya smiled slightly. 

"Okay. I am back. Lets get this started." Maya layed down and Dr. Stevens cleaned out the cut. It started bleading again and Maya felt wozzy. But she didn't say anything. It was not as bad as it had been, when she pulled out the glass. Dr. Stevens stiched it close and put a bandage over. "Okay. Here are some antibiotics. One in the morning one in the evening for a week. The you will be all set." Maya nodded. "Ehm. I gave a cup to one of the nurses for an STD test. Is it back already?" "I can check that. Are you suspecting something?" "No. I am just checking, since i am here already. You know." "Thats smart. I will be right back." Maya sighed. 

"Okay. So you have no STD." Maya was relieved. "Okay. Good." "But you are pregnant." Mayas jaw dropped. "What? No...NONonononon!!" "Breathe. Its okay. I will page an OB and then we will figure this out. Okay. It will be fine." Maya nodded. But she was spiraling. "It will be okay. I will get Dr. Trace for you. She is very good. And she is understanding." Maya didn't listen

"Ms Bosh. My name is Dr. Trace. I am an OBGYN. I hear you are pregnant." "Yes, And i need the pill to get rid of it. I can't have a baby." "Okay. Lets check first." The woman placed the ultrasound wand on Mayas stomach. "Okay so it looks like you are about 5 and a half weeks." "Seriously?" Maya asked. "Yes." "We can talk about options." "Yes please." "Okay. You can take the medical abortion today or the surgical abortion in two weeks, but we do not do that at the clinic. You can get regular checkups here and then give the baby up for adoption or you could keep it." "I want the pill. I can't be pregnant." He will kill me. Maya thought. "Okay. Thats fine. I will get the forms and the medicine." 

"And maybe they still have my data. I mean it was still paper data, but it was 2008 so it wasn't that long ago, maybe they still have it. I know Dr. Miranda Bailey she was working at that clinic at the time. She is the wife of one of my firefighters. She could maybe get them for me." "Okay. That is pretty far fetched, but it could work." "Good." Maya nodded. "I wil  call her." Maya diled Baileys number. "Hey Miranda. I need your help. Do you still have the data from the Dany Ducett Clinic? More specifically September 2008?" "Yes. It was digitalized and is save on a external dataplatform." "oh good could you find a file for me." "Why?" "I need my file. I went there, September 2008. I need it to prove my father abused me for court." "Oh. Yes Bishop. I will check for you." "Oh and the file is under Mila Bosh. I was to scared for my dad to find out. In it you find treatment for an infected cut, a negative STD test and a medical abortion." "Okay. I will get that. don't worry, Bishop- If i can do anything else for you, just ask. I am fighting on your side for your justice." "Thanks Bailey. That means a lot." "Seriously anything. I can ask my husband to bodyguard you until that monster is caged." Maya chuckled. "No need. I married a woman with a brown belt in Teakwondo." "Oh wow. Okay. Good. I will get back to you when i get that file." "Thank you, bye." "Bye." Maya sighed. That was good. She might finaly have a chance.