001

"ugh, when will i be married to my boyfriend, jeon jungkook.." hyejin frowned, scrolling on her phone as she leaned her back on the school locker. she had been liking jungkooks pictures for the past 10 minutes and it was starting to get humiliating..

"marriage is overrated, like what if i want to be single with 20 cats when i'm older" argued winter, knowing she could easily pull any guy she wanted. it was easy for her to say, leave some men for us please.

"you wont be saying that when you're 80, a virgin, and sagging up." rei giggled before getting smacked in the arm by the annoyed winter.

"shut up rei, you have like 30 crushes a day. make up your mind." winter scoffed. "how's it my fault theres so many attractive people in this school bro, my heart cant handle.." rei dramatically comments, leaving hyejin with a disgusted face.

"the only man ill ever say yes to is jungkook, hes got everything. looks, personality, talent, humor-"

"shut your delusional ass up hyejin, no one wants to hear it." rei sighed. hyejin looked at her in disbelief, she was about to punch her but a teacher walked by. hyejin had to protect her image at all cost.

—————————————————————————

shin hyejin was Daeil High Schools top student, she was intelligent, a role model for most. she also got along with everyone. some classmates considered her kind while the rest thought the was stuck up. she basically ran the school, until zhanghao transferred, taking her spot.

zhanghao was cold-hearted and quiet, he only spoke when he was called upon in class. hes mean and enjoys teasing others. he was also very mysterious, knowing anything about him would be a big deal to most. he was very popular amongst girls since he was talented in every way. he can play the viola, piano, cello, flute, and erhu. hes also good at swimming, basketball, running, and football. how can someone be so perfect?

Zhanghaos only bestfriend was Sung Hanbin, the schools popular guy. Hanbin was known for getting along with everyone, including zhanghao. They've been friends their whole lives so they trust each other a lot.

"god he's so annoying with them big ears, no wonder his marks are better than mine, he can probably hear the teachers writing the exam answers " hyejin exclaimed, crossing her arms as she leaned against the hard concrete wall.

"hey don't sweat it hyejin, your marks are still way above everyone else's" Hanbin assured her with a soft smile on his face.

"yeah but whats the point if i'm not first place anymore." she muttered under her breath, staring at the floor from disappointment. She needed to be first or her parents wouldn't approve of her marks, and zhanghao just made things way harder for her.

Hanbin cupped her face between his hands, examining his friends frowned face and gently brushing his fingers through her hair.

"don't tell hao, but you're my favorite top student" he whispered, giving her a lighthearted smile.

"see you later, nerd " he yelled as he walked off into the hallway.

hyejin stands there, her face slightly burning up. her heart skipped at least 30 beats throughout that. her hands slowly reaching her rosy cheeks, she cant help but smile like a maniac.

"i saw that?! you like sung hanbin? what happened to jungkook you cheater? " rei gasped.

"no i don't?? go away rei before i rip your bangs off." hyejin yelled as she buried her face with her hands, trying to hide the fact that shes uncontrollably blushing.

"Im texting winter, we need to discuss this over sushi omg" rei smiled to herself as she pulled out her phone from the pocket of her jacket. she aggressively typed in their group chat.

"fine, let's get sushi. even though i prefer kimbap..." hyejin sighed, seeing the excited look on her friends face as she texts away.

they ended up getting a big meal of sushi, around 60 pieces. they could barely finish it but somehow rei shoved it all down her throat, maybe it was her japanese genes. they had fun, talked about all kinds of things like any other group of girls. their hangouts were like taking a fresh breath, it was the only thing they looked forward to. those girls were inseparable.

after a long tiring day from school and getting sushi with friends, hyejin finally arrived home, quietly taking off her shoes so she wouldn't wake anyone up. she thinks she successfully got inside until she heard sudden footsteps from behind causing her to freeze up.

"where have you been, young lady?" her mother shouted in an angry worried tone, her hands places on her hips as she stares her daughter down.

hyejin slowly turns around, embarrassed.

"chill mom its not like i went to a club or anything, i just got sushi with my friends, also its only 8pm" she explained, placing her shoes on the floor.

her mother sighed, not being angry enough to yell at hyejin. "theres something important me and your father have discussed. we'll talk about it tomorrow, so go to sleep early." she informed her daughter as she walked off into the kitchen.

"pfft what could be so important even my father would join in the on conversation, he's too stubborn to even eat with us." she mumbled to herself, picking her bag up from the floor as she walked upstairs.

hyejin sat on her bed with her fully changed set of new pajamas, feeling fresh as she quietly types on her cell phone. her and rei were having an argument on who was hotter, jungkook or taehyung. i personally think its a tie.

she decided to scroll on her schools website, checking to see if there has been anything new posted. hyejin scoffs, staring into the schools leaderboard pictures. hao was up there.

"annoying nerd." she mutters to herself as she continues scrolling onto her phone. its not like it was his fault that he was getting high marks, but it was his fault for getting high marks. hyejins competitive self just couldn't let go of her anger at him. even if she gets a 94/100, her father would be disappointed and tell her to get a 100. hyejin suddenly feels a wave of sleepiness. she decided to call it a day, putting her phone on her nightstand as she stretched herself onto her bed and shut her eyes.