024

"damn I was so hungry," hyejin groaned as she rubbed her stomach. "when do we start on the next bathrooms? theres one lesson left before school finishes." she added, glancing at hao and ricky, waiting for their responses.

"this school has like 50 bathrooms dude, I'm so tired" ricky groans as he rests his head on hyejins shoulder. "lets just do one more then we can get this over with and go home." hao responds, getting up from the bench.

ricky and hyejin sighed as they followed hao to another bathroom. as they walked in, hyejin noticed the door knob was broken but she didn't think much of it. ricky closed the bathroom door, getting prepared to clean again. zhanghao mopped the floor, hyejin wiped the mirrors and cleaned the sinks, while ricky cleaned the separate stalls. about 40 minutes of deep cleaning later, the bell rang. the students could be heard going home, the trio was excited to leave. zhanghao twisted the door knob, the door wouldn't open.

he tried again, it didn't open. he began getting frustrated as he continuously tried unlocking the door. "guys, the door won't open." he turned around in a panic. "let me try." it was rickys turn as he tried the same method as hao. still, the door wouldn't open. the three began freaking out as the sounds of students could no longer be heard, meaning the school was deserted.

"wait i have an idea" hyejin exclaimed. she walked away from the door, then running at it in full speed as she slammed her body on the door. "SHIT SHITT THAT HURTS" she groaned, rubbing her arm in pain.

"great, we're trapped here. what are we going to do??" ricky sighed in disbelief.

"oh oh, wait maybe we could try to summon hanako-san the bathroom ghost! rei taught me about her urban legend the other day. she could open the door for us" hyejin suggested excitedly, thinking her plan would work. ricky and hao looked at each other awkwardly.

"HELPP WERE STUCK IN HEREEE" ricky yelled as he continuously banged on the door.

"they all left, i heard the staff close the gate" zhanghao said, leaning his head on the wall. "this is all your fault hao, maybe if you let us rest a little more" ricky argued, sassily crossing his arms.

"ricky why are you complaining when you were the one that shut the door" hyejin added.

"whatever." ricky mumbled in a rude tone as he stormed off inside one of the stalls, loudly slamming the door. hyejin sighed, knowing that it would be a long day from then.

zhanghao quietly sat down on the floor, resting his back on the wall. the room was silent, everyone was frustrated at each other. hyejin felt bad that she upset ricky, but it was too late to apologize. she looked over at zhanghao who was sitting by himself, his head buried in thoughts. she walked closer, then sitting beside him.

"what are you thinking about?" she asked.

"how the only person i trusted turned out to be a liar maybe?" he replied sarcastically, locking eyes with hyejin. she sighed as she tried to explain herself to him, but he had given up on her a long time ago.

she looked at him in disbelief, not knowing if she should defend herself or not.

"come on hao, you can't possibly think that id do anything like that to you. you know how much you mean to me." she replied, her nose slightly getting red from frustration as she tried to assure him. but even though she was hurting, he wouldn't even look at her. this was her breaking point, everything in her life was just going downhill and she couldn't handle it anymore. "why are you like this?" she mumbled, burying her head in her arms as she quietly weeped out of anger and frustration. all she had left was the feeling of disappointment and emptiness as she sat in that cold lonely bathroom, being on bad terms with both of the people she used to find comfort in.

he glances at her, feeling a sense of guilt washing over him. he didn't know who to believe. his own father or the person he had once loved. he stared at her, not knowing what to do. he bit his lip as he whispered "shit." he reached his arm out, wrapping it around her as he rested his chin on her head.

"stop crying, you're making me feel bad." he mumbled as he pulled her closer.

"i hate you." she muttered, wiping the tears off of her red face.

"you don't mean that." he scoffed.

he gently brushed the hair out of her face, admiring her expression. she looked at him in embarrassment as their eyes met. hyejin quickly covered her face with her hair again, gaining a chuckle from hao. she punched him in the arm.

"are you making fun of me?" she sniffed, looking at him with tears in her eyes. he gently grabbed her chin, wiping the tears off her cheek. she looked at him, feeling shy and awkward, then staring at the ground.

hyejin finally built up the courage and confidence to say whats on her mind. "i just want you to believe me. i like you, a lot. and things have been really stressful for me. i feel like i'm going crazy when you're not around and i don't like it. just please stop avoiding me." she stuttered, trying to explain herself.

"alright, i won't." he replied, holding her tighter.