004

they walk back to his house, not a single word was exchanged. hyejin still tightly holding onto zhanghaos hand, burying it in her pocket. her black dress stained with his blood, but she didn't care. who knows what could've happened to her if he hadn't showed up.

they walk back into his house, being greeted by his mother who stared at her son in shock.

"oh my god hao, what happened to your hand??" his mother grabbing his fist, examining it in pure disbelief. "what the hell happened when you guys were out??" his father walks in and angrily asks.

"he tripped on his han-"

"i punched a tre-"

                                      .     .     .

confused glances were exchanged between his parents as they looked back at the nervous two.

"he actually tripped! and since his ego was so big he punched a tree to feel better haha !" hyejin blurts out, they have to believe that right??

"oh. that definitely sounds a lot like our hao, go to the storage room and get the first aid kit, the dinners almost ready dear." his mother awkwardly explained.

"alright ma'am !! haha were going now" hyejin says, bowing as she walked off with zhanghao.

as they quietly walk over to the storage room, there was still this awkward tension between them, all you could hear was the sound of footsteps across the hallway. things even got more awkward, suddenly the silence was broken by a quiet voice.

"so, why'd you do it?" hyejin asks as they continue walking down the empty hall.

"do what?" zhang hao replied in confusion, glancing at hyejin.

"why'd you follow me dumbass? i mean i guess i was kinda mean to you so i'm just confused why you came." she explains, looking the other way, unable to look at him from overwhelming embarrassment.

they finally made it into the storage room, "it doesn't matter" he mutters, grabbing the first aid kit his mother told him to use as they walked into the storage room. unsure of what to do with it, hyejin grabs it. they sit down on the floor.

"take off your jacket" she instructs him.

"oooh where's this going, hyejin?" he teasingly said, tilting his head.

hyejin looked at him in utter disgust before saying, "shut up and take it off so i can clean your stupid hand."

he takes his jacket off, revealing the injury from his wrist up. she gently gets a wet towel to clean the blood off his hand, next using the disinfecting spray. zhanghao twitching multiple times, the whole time he's been staring down at her.

hyejin continues carefully bandaging his fist. she was proud of her work even though it was her first time doing anything like this. she looks up in excitement just to find that he was already looking at her. their eyes met and they lock eye contact for about 5 seconds until hyejin awkwardly coughs and pulls away from the sudden eye contact.

"oh, thank you. " zhanghao stutters in gratitude. for hyejin, it was the first time she'd ever hear the overly confident zhanghao stutter in her life.

"its no big deal, you're welcome." she awkwardly smiled. once they were finished, they quickly went back downstairs.

hyejin was met with an expensive looking dinner table, she thought to herself. "damn how rich are these people? and i thought we were rich.."

as she was walking to her chair, suddenly ricky from earlier pulled her chair, signaling her to sit down. okay, respectful man. she smiled at him before sitting down at the table.

"so, tell us about yourself shin hyejin, what are your hobbies?" zhanghaos mother asks from across the table as she cuts into her steak.

"oh um, i play the piano and draw and i guess play games sometimes when i'm free." she awkwardly replies, zhanghao staring right into her soul didn't help either.

"to be honest we already know so much about you since you're all that hao talks about at dinner!" his mom chuckles. hyejins eyes widen, the corners of her mouth rising in absolute shock, she slowly turned her head to face him, she couldn't help but slightly giggle at the stressed expression on his face.

"mom what the hell? no i do not?" zhanghao blurts out from embarrassment, he's been talking about her subconsciously for so long without even realizing.

"oh trust me he does, he's always going on about how you're always stealing his number 1 spot at school" his father adds, cutting into his plating of steak. his sons ears turning red from the embarrassment. he's been trying to keep up this cold and mysterious image for so long, he didn't expect his parents to expose him in front of his literal competition like that.

"wow hao?, i didn't know you were such a big fan" she chuckled, resting her head on her hands.

even though zhanghao was being humiliated at the dinner table, he didn't mind. instead, he stopped to admire hyejin laughing. even though they despise each other, hes always hoped for an opportunity for them the sit around and enjoy each others company.

"anyways, its getting late! i need to go home. thank you for the dinner mr and mrs zhang" hyejin added, not realizing its already 10pm. her parents usually made her curfew 9pm. they all happily said their goodbyes as they lead hyejin out of the door, zhanghaos parents could no longer be seen.

as hyejin was about to walk off, a familiar voice could be heard from behind her.

"wait, don't go."