031

"hyejin, hey! hyejin~ wake up!!"

"hm?"

hyejin rubs her eyes as she slowly tries to open them. the familiar voice placed a smile on hyejins tired face. "rei, what are you doing here.." she yawns, removing the hair in her face. her bandages had come loose while she was sleeping.

"your parents told me what happened and they were too embarrassed to come see you so they called me over. dang girl, you almost made me piss my pants when i heard you were at the hospital. i was preparing your funeral in my head, literally.." rei explained, patting hyejin on the back.

"my parents were embarrassed? can they stop avoiding their responsibilities in every single situation? i could've died bro, at least i know you care. what would i do without you girl." hyejin yawned again, stuffing her face with a pillow.

"oh also, winter texted me asking me to check up on you. she was too busy to come herself." rei said, scrolling on her phone. hyejin scoffed, it felt like no one she actually cared about had time for her. "what's keeping her busy? she never talks to us these days." hyejin asked.

"she got a new boyfriend and became distant, i guess." rei hit her knee, she was upset that they had lost their trio bond. but then again, most trios never last.

"boyfriend? hanbin never mentioned dating her to me. he usually tells me these things.." hyejin replied, she was totally offended.

"hanbin? girl no. she has a thing for this dude, his name is jiwoong i think? i don't know much about him but i heard he's fine as hell." rei chuckled. hyejin was shocked. what happened to confessing to hanbin?

"oh i know jiwoong, he's matthews friend. he's actually pretty sweet. but wait, what happened to winter confessing to hanbin?" hyejin asked.

"oh she got rejected, he said that he had feelings for someone else. but wow, i never in my entire 18 years of living had thought that kim minjeong would ever get rejected..." rei explained. winter was extremely popular, half the schools attention was on her only so this was very unusual.

suddenly there was a knock at the door, it was hyejins parents. they had finally decided it was a good idea to check up on her after that frustrating argument they had the night before. they were ready to talk to her, but she wasn't. they walked in, guilty expressions on. hyejin didn't care, she was upset and had every right to be. she was ready to yell at them but, her heart shattered when she heard the words, "hyejin, sorry for being terrible parents."

she felt a sudden wave of emotions come over her. this was a legendary moment. her parents actually apologizing for the first time in her life? this was insane. she didn't even have the heart to yell or argue anymore, she just felt like a crying kid again. the same crying kid who would beg for her parents attention, instead they would shower her with gifts and toys, but that was not what she wanted.

"it's- it's okay." hyejin stuttered as she stared at the ground, she was unable to make eye contact.

"i'm making breakfast, come downstairs in a bit." hyejins mom said, trying to lighten the mood with a meal. "okay." hyejin mumbled, her parents awkwardly left the room.

"wow, my japanese mom would rather get hit by a car then apologize to me... what are they feeding parents nowadays?" rei muttered under her breath.

"is it bad that i don't want to eat breakfast with them? i need to go to the hospital anyway to check on hao. but i guess they're my parents so i have like no choice." hyejin sighed, dragging her tired self up to the bathroom.

she looked in the mirror, unable to recognize the girl staring right back at her. she looked like a walking corpse at this point. it was bad, really bad. she hadn't felt insecure in a long time, it was a strange feeling. hyejin reached her arm out, feeling the bandages on her head. "ouch." she let out. for some reason, she had expected her injury to heal the next day. the doctor had told her to revisit the hospital for a checkup the next day.

several minutes later, she came out the bathroom. she still felt lightheaded from the day before, the pain kept getting worse.

"i prepared you an outfit, its cute right?" rei smiled, holding up a shirt that said "i love my boyfriend." hyejin looked at her in confusion, what an interesting choice of clothing..

"it's... cute i guess? what else with it?" hyejin nervously laughed. "oh, yes!" rei cheerfully replied as she quickly picked up the black skirt off of hyejins bed. "this, with this jacket if you get cold. and these boots, and this necklace is cute too. i found it in your dresser."

"oh, that necklace." hyejin smiled, taking it from reis hands. " hao gave it to me the first time we ever hung out. too bad though, those days are over bro.." she sighed, placing it back on her drawer.

"well since you're meeting him, you should wear it. he's gonna be happy you wore it." rei said, shoving the necklace back into her friends hands. hyejin was hesitant but agreed. "ill be in my csr downstairs." rei yelled across the room as she walked off. hyejin then changed into the clothes rei got her and went downstairs to have breakfast.

she walked into the kitchen, placing her purse on the chair as she sat at the table with her parents. it was a little awkward at first, but they managed. hyejin looked at the table, being completely covered in all of her favorite dishes. the problem was, she didn't feel any bit of hunger. it made her want to throw up every time she even thought of food. for the past few weeks she hadn't been eating well due to her crippling mental health so she had lost a bit of weight and it was noticeable. explained the big meal her parents had prepared..

her parents stared at her, waiting for her to eat. she stared back at them, then at the food. a sudden wave of nausea washed over hyejin. she physically couldn't eat. but even so, she reached her hand out for the fork, taking a small bite of the kimchi pancakes. "mhmm, so good.." when in reality, she was gripping on her shirt.

they looked at her in confusion, but accepting the truth. hyejin was obviously not ready to open up to them yet, so they gave up for now. "you can go out, you don't have to eat." her father sighed, placing his coffee cup down on the table. "we'll see you after, maybe then we could have another meal. don't forget to eat something when you go out, okay?" her mom smiled, anyone could tell it was a forced one. she looked upset.

"sorry, see you both later." hyejin mumbled, picking her purse up was she left the room. she walked over to reis new car, examining it. "dang girl? you finally convinced your parents to get you a car? proud of you." hyejin chuckled as she sat in the front passenger seat, tightening her seat belt.

"right? do you know how much convincing it took? but they're forcing me to pay for everything else so... not sure if i'm the winner here.." rei frowned. "but wait, where are we headed?" she asked.

"hospital to check up on hao. plus, hanbin and matthew are there too so we could hang out with them too." hyejin explained, applying lip balm.

"alright then, let's go to your boyfriends rescue!!" rei yelled out loud as she began driving.