019

hyejin was overstressed. thinking of every possible scenario that could happen in the next couple of months. she wanted to tell someone so badly what she witnessed that day, but it seemed like she was alone in this.

she had proof of the wrongdoings of zhanghaos father, but she knew that no one would believe her. the evidence was limited, hyejin forgot half of the things she read through which made things even worse. what made her the most upset and heartbroken was imaging haos reaction to all of this. she wanted to protect him from it so badly, but hyejin knew she was going to be painted as the bad guy sooner or later, so she was preparing herself mentally.

zhanghaos pov

zhanghao puts his coffee mug down, slightly twitching from the heat of his cup. he wonders if he did anything to upset hyejin, asking himself if he should text her to check up on her. he is surprised by the sudden sound of his rooms door unlocking. it was his father. zhanghao and his father weren't necessarily the closest, but they still had a relationship. he looks up at his dad, noticing the distressed look on his face.

"dad, what's wrong?" he gets up from his bed to accompany his frustrated father.

"hao, i have to tell you something. but promise not to get mad." his father reaches his arm out, placing it on his sons shoulder.

zhanghao is prepared for the worst, his dad wasn't the one for jokes or chitchat. if something was wrong, he would straight up tell him. his heartbeat got faster, waiting for the news.

"as i was walking to my office earlier, i heard shin hyejin on a phone call. she was talking about all kinds of terrible things about our family and our company. she was going through my office work, trying to find a way to overthrow our company and steal all our hard work , it was all her idea to arrange the marriage. we cannot prevent it now that it has been settled son. hyejin has been using you this entire time. i'm not asking you to dislike her, but please consider setting boundaries between you both. that girl is a danger to our family, who knows what else is up her sleeve. and i know for a fact that she never loved you, it was all just to get closer so she could get what she wanted." zhanghaos father sat on his sons bed, explaining to him about hyejins intentions. making her look like a terrible person.

zhanghaos heart broke.

he couldn't believe what he was hearing. he couldn't question it either, why would his own father lie to him? it made no sense to him, how could it all have been a lie. they have gotten really close over a short amount of time, that he didn't think anything like that of her. he liked her a lot, probably even loved her. he felt like his world was crashing down around him as his father delivered the crushing news. his heart ached with a pain he'd never felt before. he couldn't believe that the person he loved and trusted had been using him all along. he felt like a fool for not seeing it sooner, for believing her lies. the betrayal cut deep, and he wondered if he would ever be able to trust anyone again.

he was trying to put the pieces together. how could she show up in his life, make him attached, then stab him in the back? zhanghao couldn't even speak.

"son? its okay we're here for you." his dad assured him, placing his hand on his sons.

"i need to get some fresh air" he stuttered, walking out of the room barely being able to walk. at this point, even being crushed to death would've hurt less.

he stood by the doorway, grabbing his shoes and quickly wearing them with shaky hands. leaving his house to attempt to clear his mind. zhanghao walked outside, admiring the beauty of the gardens that only reminded him more of hyejin. suddenly everything reminded him of her, the sky, the birds, the trees, the lights. he just wished to clear his filled head that was filled with only her.

he walked over to a bench, sitting on it. his heart still hurting, his breath getting heavier. he blamed himself for letting his guard down. to him, it was all his fault. he let everyone down, he let his father down. he wanted nothing but his parents validation, but even that seemed hard to achieve. he sighed, taking over his emotions.

hyejins pov

hyejin looked focused as she searched up zhang huan criminal record on her laptop. feeling disappointed when nothing showed up, she knew he must have payed people to delete any information on him.

at this point, she couldn't even focus on the case. the main thing bugging her mind was zhanghao. she thought about all the lies his father was feeding him. she thought about the heartbreak he must be feeling right now. she thought about how he must despise her. she teared up, knowing things would never be the same after this. hyejin knew she had to get rid of that man, the only problem was how, with the little evidence she had. she knew this would take a while. days, weeks, months? hopefully not years.

she had seen many things like these on television, so it kinda made her a little excited to put that old jerk in jail.

forced to be ' zhang hao auOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara