037

"no way? i might get an arranged marriage too, why are parents still living in the 1800s. at least he's rich so its okay." yeji laughs, it seemed like she was unbothered by it.

"yeah get out of the house please, im tired of you blasting music. our walls are thin hyejin, REALL thin." hyunjin explains, slapping hyejins shoulder.

"oh yeah im gonna be hanging out with heeseung tomorrow, you remember him right?" hyunjin mentions.

hyejins heart dropped to her stomach when she heard that name, it was like a sudden jolt to her heart. her body tensed up, and a wave of anxiety washed over her. In that moment, all the painful memories from their past relationship came rushing back to her, as if they were happening all over again.

hyejin's mind became flooded with images of arguments, heartbreak, and moments of betrayal. she could almost feel the weight of those emotions resurfacing, causing her heart to race and her breath to become shallow.

"hyejin? are you coming or not?" yeji nudged her, waking her back up. "huh? oh yeah, no i cant." she forced a smile. hyunjin sassily rolled his eyes, "girl, you're coming wether you like it or not. he probably misses you. y'all were friends right?"

"yeah, we were friends." she softly replies, feeling a bit of hesitation when she said that. yeji smiles, "alright, lets go to the amusement park then. i wanna feel like a child again." she happily exclaims. the three of them agree, getting prepared to sleep.

"wait, were sleeping on your bed right? its huge." hyunjin asks. hyejin looks over at her bed, "i mean, it could fit all of us but, do you really want us all to sleep on it?" she hesitates.

"well, since me and yeji are twins, we never had a problem sharing beds." he explains, plopping himself onto hyejins king sized bed.

hyejin giggles, seeing how comfortable the twins have gotten with her already. "i have no problem, yeji unnie?" she looks over at her. "let's sleep" yeji grins before jumping onto hyejins fluffy bed. they all got into the huge bed, laying two huge blankets on top of them.

"you guys really are rich." hyunjin comments, shifting his position to look at hyejin. "hwang hyunjin if you dont go to sleep im gonna beat your ass." yeji groans, turning over to the other side.

the next day

"okay since were all done, ill call heeseung." hyunjin mumbles, scrolling on his phone. yeji looks over at hyejin, who looked nervous. "hey, if you're nervous, you can bring a plus one." she pats hyejins back. she then thinks to herself, who should she bring?

hyejin scrolls on her phone, through her contacts. her heart skipped a beat when she read the name "zhang hao" on her screen. there was no way she would bring him along after the embarrassment of last night. she sighs, pressing the call button on her phone.

"hyejin? hello."

"hi rei! are you busy?"

"yep! im actually helping my parents pack since we're moving houses, whats up?"

"oh nothing really, i just wanted to bring someone to my hangout."

"maybe next time, but you can ask zhang hao. he always has time for you."

"fine.. byebye rei."

"talk to you later hyejin~"

she hangs up. "great, the universe just wants to make me suffer." hyejin thinks to herself, nervously calling zhang hao. each second the phone rang, her heartbeats would get faster.

"hello?"

"ah, hi hao."

"oohh, what's up hyejin? did you want to talk to hubby?"

"oh god, please never say that again. i was like half drunk okay? but im here to ask you something."

"hm?"

"do you want to come hang out with me and my cousins? were going to the amusement park and to be honest, its a little lonely."

"on my way, ill be there."

he hangs up. yeji looks back at hyejin, "did they accept?" hyejin smiles to herself, "yeah." she mumbles. "okay losers, lets go." hyunjin says.

15 minutes later

the three of them arrive at the amusement park, hyunjin and yejis heads were buried in their phones as they walked in. "they must be texting hees- god i hate the sound of that name." hyejin thought to herself. "he's here." yeji exclaimed, dragging her brother and cousin with her to greet the boy.

"dude, we haven't seen you in like a year oh my god." hyujin chuckles, dabbing his friend up. heeseungs eyes almost immediately shift to hyejin, who was awkwardly standing there, not making eye contact. she looked pretty.

"hyejin, i missed you!" heeseung smiles, walking over to her. he opened his arms, leaning in for a hug. she slightly flinched, forcing herself into a hug with him.

"oh right hyejin, where's your little boyfriend?" yeji looked around. "boyfriend?" heeseung tilted his head. his stare suddenly felt different. hyejin awkwardly giggled, "oh right, he should be he-"

"hyejin!"

the familiar soft voice could be heard, she turned around. she immediately calmed down, seeing the comforting smile on his face. hao ran over to her, hugging her from behind. hyejin was surprised but went along with it, what was up with him today?

"hao, these are my cousins, yeji and hyunjin. and this is my...uh. friend, heeseung." she smiled. hao went over to them, "im zhang hao, hyejins fiancé. nice to meet you guys." he bowed. "i like him, good job hyejin-ah." hyunjin lightly hit hyejin with his elbow.

"so zhang hao, you proposed? isn't it too early?" heeseung scoffed. "well haha, its always better to marry early, right hao?" hyejin awkwardly answered, wrapping her arms around haos arm. heeseung noticed, glaring at the guy.

"pfft, let them get married. they're in love, you can tell." hyunjin added, raising his eyebrows at the two. "in love? pfft." heeseung mumbled to himself.