023

"okay we did good for our first bathroom. i'm proud of you guys, even though i totally despise you both right now." hyejin commented as she looked around the sparkly clean bathroom, her arms rested on her hips.

"same goes for you, good job." zhanghao replied but still in a slightly cold tone as he picks up the cleaning bucket, going upstairs to the next bathroom.

"pfft, whats with him?" ricky whispers to hyejin as he walks behind zhanghao up the stairs.

"i don't know ricky, i thought maybe you'd know since you were up kicking his ass at 7 in the morning..." she whispered back, giggling from remembering rickys face as he was getting punched.

as they walk into the next bathroom, a shocking pain went through zhanghaos heart, causing him to slightly fall on his knees as he held on the door. hyejin just assumed it was from the sickening smell, but it took a moment for her to realize what was going on as he gripped his chest.

"oh my god hao? are you okay??" hyejin rushed over to him, wrapping her arm around his shoulder, trying to lift him back up as she remembered his sickness. ricky just stood there in shock, not knowing what to do.

"i'm fine." he groaned as he gently removed hyejins arm off of his shoulder. that gesture left her completely heart broken. it made her realize how severely damaged her relationship was with hao. it pained her, really badly. she wished everything would go back to normal more than anything. she still tried to hold on

"seriously hao, lets go to the nurs-"

"i said i'm fine" he yelled in frustration. hyejin was stunned by his tone. he had never yelled at her before. she bit her lip, clenching her first, not being able to say anything else. zhanghao then realized how he reacted, immediately stopping to apologize.

"look I'm sorry for yellin-"

"no, you're right. I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick." she cut him off out of anger as she walked out.

"but this is the bathroom?" ricky added in confusion. zhanghao sighed as he picked up his mop again.

hyejin walks alone through the halls while talking to herself.

"who does he think he is? my fault for giving a single shit about his stupid illness. maybe its gods way of giving him what he deserves. this is what happens when i try to be nice, hyejin this is all your fault for trusting the stupid pretty boys." she mumbles to herself, suddenly bumping into a tall figure.

"hyejin? why aren't you in class?" hanbin asked as he attempted to balance hyejin, stopping her from tripping. she looks at him, looking completely dead. "woah whats going on, you look like you've been crying for 5 days straight." hanbin lets out a laugh, then stopping as he realized his joke was a bit too realistic. he grabs her arm, pulling her to a corner as she carelessly followed him.

"whats up hye? tell me." he tilted his head, staring at her with his bambi eyes as she tried to avoid eye contact. "its nothing, really. schools just stressful yknow?" she replied with a blank face, ignoring her anger building up inside.

"you know you can tell oppa anything right?" he sulked, trying to get hyejin to answer. "hanbin, stop with the oppa thing. you remind me of matthew" she chuckled, then resting her head on his chest.

"i'm here for you, i'll always be." he smiled as he wrapped his arms around her, playing with her hair. "you really love hugs don't you?" hyejin giggled, noticing that about hanbins love language. "thanks bin, i really needed that. unfortunately i have to go clean bathrooms with my least favorite people ever, so see you later." she gently broke the hug, waving goodbye to him. hyejin walked away, feeling intense guilt in her heart. she wished she could tell him since he always had a solution to any problem, but no one is to be trusted in these times.

hyejin goes over to another bathroom, washing her face as she notices her dark circles. she tried fixing her hair to look less insane, but she looked like she was straight out of a mental asylum. "dude why am i so unattractive all of a sudden? i'd say its puberty but it hit me 5 years ago man." she mumbled to herself as she attempted to put concealer to cover her eye bags.

she finishes up, going back to the place where she argued with zhanghao. hyejin walked inside of the bathroom expecting it to look the same. to her surprise, the duo managed to single handedly clean the bathroom in the same 15 minutes that hyejin was gone. she was stunned as she continuously blinked to make sure she wasnt dreaming , she was unable to even speak as she scanned the bathroom with her eyes.

"how the hell? man i left for barely 15 minutes" she placed her palm on cheek in shock.

"all it took was a frustrated hao and a supportive ricky" ricky added as he opened every bathroom stall to show hyejin their progress. "no way, this gives us time to rest till the next bathroom " she yelled in happiness, running over to ricky and hao and pulling them together for a group hug. as badly as zhanghao wanted to pull away from the hug, he physically couldn't.

"okay now lets go get snacks, I'm hungry" she exclaimed as she skipped her way to the vending machine. zhanghao softly smiled as he watched her. "okay emo, you are literally bipolar." ricky mumbled to zhanghao as they continued walking.

"since you guys did me a huge favor, i'm paying" hyejin smiled brightly as she presses multiple buttons on the vending machine. "okay, strawberry milk and vanilla cake for ricky. chocolate milk and chips for hao. and iced tea and brownies for me." she handed each of them their snacks with a smile on her face, hao never thought he'd see hyejin that happy over a clean toilet but he still felt his heart flutter a little bit seeing her enjoy herself.