008

The following day at school, Hyejin walks up to her table feeling drained after a sleepless night. She rubs her eyes to try to shake the tiredness off and notices her favorite drink on the table, peace iced tea. She looks at winter and asks, "huh, who put this here" Winter replies, "yo i saw a guy put it there, but I'm not sure who it is. could it be a secret admirer?" winter chuckles, hyejin just enjoying the free drink. Soon after, hanbin walks into the classroom, smiling at hyejin. "broo he must have put this on my desk." she thought, smiling at him across the room. the thought of hanbin being her secret admirer gave her butterflies.

Winter nudged Hyejin on the shoulder, and in a hushed tone, whispered, "I need to tell you something later." Hyejin noticed the serious look on Winter's face and wondered what could be stressing her friend out so much. After class finished, Winter pulled Hyejin aside, taking deep breaths until she finally blurted out, "I like Sung Hanbin, and Im 90% sure he likes me back. Please help."

Hyejin had no words. She was shocked. The realization that she and her best friend liked the same guy hit her like a ton of bricks. She couldn't tell her friend, of course. It would ruin everything between them. She just stood there, thinking of what to do, knowing that she's going to be hurt at the end. She had liked Hanbin for years, and now she had to help her friend win him over.

"Oh, um, you could slide him a note," Hyejin stuttered, trying to help Winter out. "Why do you sound weird?" Winter asked, noticing Hyejin's strange tone. "Nothing, nothing. I'm just shocked haha this is new," Hyejin replied, trying to hide her true feelings.

They continued on making plans for Winter, but Hyejin's heart felt heavy throughout the whole thing. She knew that helping Winter would only make her own feelings for Hanbin stronger, and it pained her to see her friend so happy. "you're literally the best. omg i love you," Winter hugged Hyejin tightly. Hyejin thanked her for helping her out, and Winter went to the bathroom.

Hyejin felt lost, unsure of what to do. She knew that she couldn't keep her feelings for Hanbin a secret, but she didn't want to hurt her friend. She spent the rest of the day deep in thought, trying to come up with a plan that would make everyone happy.

Hyejin knew that she couldn't like him anymore. Her heart shattered into a million pieces, and she felt like she couldn't breathe. Hyejin wasn't the sensitive kind, but she was a hopeless romantic, so it hurt even more. She knew that she just had to bear with it, but it was easier said than done.

Later, she went to the convenience store and grabbed two kimbaps. She paid for them and sat outside on a bench. She was upset, trying to eat her emotions away. She was already tearing up, but her ego didn't allow her to cry. She continued stuffing her face until someone sat beside her. She assumed it was someone random since many people come around here, but to her surprise, it was Zhanghao. She took a look at him in confusion. how the hell did he always find her?

He took a closer look at her face, noticing that something was off. He asked, "hyejin, what's wrong?" He was concerned, but he wouldn't understand. Zhanghao wasn't the comforting kind of person. hes the kind of dude that would silently judge you while you're crying. but still, the moment she heard that question, it all came out. Tears started uncontrollably falling down. Hyejin was a silent crier. She always hid her feelings, but at that moment, all of the pressure of everything built up. She just needed someone to talk to.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. I'm sorry," Zhanghao said, wrapping his arm around her and gently brushing his fingers through her hair. "Shh, it's okay," he whispered, holding her tight. Hyejin felt safe in his arms, and for a moment, she forgot about everything else. They sat there for a while, Hyejin crying and Zhanghao holding her.

Zhanghao could see that Hyejin was visibly upset, and he wanted to help her in any way possible. He could feel her tension and hesitation in opening up to him. He knew that he had to be patient and let her come to him at her own pace. "So, are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" he asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

Hyejin felt a wave of embarrassment crash over her. She was unsure if she could tell him about it. She knew that it would be too awkward to say it out loud, but she also felt like she couldn't keep it bottled up inside any longer. "I don't know if I can tell you, hao," she said, avoiding eye contact.

Zhanghao could sense Hyejin's discomfort and gently held her chin, pulling her face closer to his. He gave her a comforting smile and said, "hyejin you can tell me anything. no judgement!" he assured her. hyejin's heart fluttered at his words, but she was still unsure.

"Pinky promise?" she asked, looking at him with a glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Pinky promise," Zhanghao giggled, as their pinky fingers intertwined.