017

zhnaghao left the room for around half an hour, with hyejin still inside his bedroom scrolling on her phone. she decides to go downstairs to see what he was doing. As she went down the stairs, hyejin smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen. she was starting to wonder if she was about to walk in on a family breakfast so she peaked at the kitchen to see who was doing the cooking. to her surprise it was zhanghao all by himself in the kitchen, preparing a meal for two people. hyejin wondered if he was always lonely like this at home, it made her feel a little heart broken. she walked into the kitchen, her hand trailing along the wall. she went over to zhanghao, hugging him from the back. as she wrapped her arms around him from behind, zhanghao slightly twitched from surprise. he felt a sudden rush of warmth. he slowly turned around as hyejin broke the hug, he placed his hand on the counter, tilting his head. "where did this come from" he stuttered a little, being flustered from the sudden act of love from hyejin.
"hm? am i not allowed to hug my soon to be husband?" She looked up at him with wide, innocent eyes, the corners of her mouth turned up in a slight smile. she noticed his ears suddenly turning red as he turned around, not being able to make eye contact.

"i'm teasingg, since when did you know how to cook. to be honest not surprising since you're like good at everything " she said as she sat on the counter, legs dangling. Her feet tapped against the cabinets as she leaned back on her hands. "well, my parents don't really cook for me so i figured id learn it myself. to be honest, i don't like it when they get chefs anyway." he explained while cutting onions. "wow, could never relate, cooking makes me nauseous so id rather not do it." she said before noticing the teared up zhanghao. "wait did i say something offensive??? oh never mind, you're cutting onions" she slightly chuckled at his reaction. she got down from the counter and went over to one of the windows in the kitchen and opening it. hyejin came back over to zhanghao "move, ill do it" she laughed at him as she took she knife out of his hands. as she starts continuing to cut the onion. "hopefully one day ill be able to make you cry like this onion did" she grinned, not knowing that the day has already happened. she finishes, not a single tear having left her eyes. hyejin went over to wash her hands as zhanghao started on the rest of the dishes. without noticing, zhanghao accidentally left his hand on the hot part of the pan. he immediately removed his hand from it but it was too late, his fingers had already turned bright red. "ah shit, hyejin could you quickly get me the first aid kit from upstairs? its the first room on the left" he groans as he runs his fingers under cold water.

hyejin rushes upstairs going to the the storage room, as she walks in she notices that the room looks too fancy to be a storage room. she lookd around until her eyes landed on a golden plate with a name on it. "zhang huan? isnt that haos dads name. shit did i go in his office by accident."
she was about to leave but a couple of papers caught her eyes. she knew it was wrong to go through other peoples things but her curiosity killed her. "a strategy to overthrow our company? is he crazy? wait what is this" a paper slipped out of the pile. it was a ransom deal. as she read through the paper, she was shocked to have realized that zhanghaos dad had a missing girl kidnapped for ransom money. as she kept going through the papers, there was more. scamming complaints? illegal money embezzlement? history of drug abuse? illegal use of chemical weapons? the list kept getting longer ad her eyes widened in shock as she read through to the terrible secrets. Her mouth fell open in disbelief, and she felt her stomach lurch with disgust. She couldn't believe what she was reading, and she recoiled as if physically struck. Her mind raced as she tried to process the information. she quickly pulled out her phone to record the evidence, taking pictures of every single paper she found. she was poring over the papers on the desk, her brow furrowed in concentration, when she heard the sound of the door knob twisting. She froze, her heart racing, as she realized that someone had walked in. She looked up and saw zhanghaos dad standing in the doorway, hyejin immediately shoved her phone in her pocket before he could realize. She felt a sudden wave of panic wash over her, as she realized that she had been caught.