032

hyejin walks inside the cold hospital. looking around, feeling a little strange as she searches for haos room with rei. they make jokes with each other as they go to the reception, talking to the staff member. "excuse me, i would like to visit room 221." hyejin smiled.

"oh sure! theres already a visitor there but you're free to go. she's been there since the morning." the worker replied, checking on her computer monitor. hyejin glanced over at rei, who was already looking at her in confusion. it was probably his mom. they agree and walk over to his room.

they look in the window, seeing a girl with a dainty frame. her hair was long, brushed behind her ear as she laughed alongside him. she looked familiar but unfamiliar at the same time. but whoever she was, her aura was warm and welcoming. she was sitting beside hao, her hand on his as they talked about god knows what. they looked happy.

hyejin looked at rei as she gulped, asking for the signal to walk in. rei nodded, pulling the door handle and walking in.

"oh, rei and hyejin! i'm glad you guys are here." hao smiled, waving his hand. he took a moment before staring at his friend then at the other two, holding his hand out. "right right. rei and hyejin, this is daiyu. daiyu, this is rei and hyejin. my friends from school, my friend from china."

daiyu smiled, getting up to greet the two girls. she bowed, causing hyejin to freak out. "hey hey, no need to bow. were technically friends already." she awkwardly giggled, giving her a slight hug and so did rei. hyejin and rei finally realized who that girl was, it was the same one from the cafe.

"my name is wang daiyu. i'm so happy to finally meet you, shin hyejin. I've heard a lot about you. and naoi rei, i've heard many things about you too! you guys seem really sweet." she excitedly said, holding onto both the girls hands. it was a warm introduction. hyejin felt guilty, it was like she had completely assumed many bad things about this innocent sweet girl for no reason.

"nice to meet you too daiyu." hyejin and rei replied. "wah i'm so hungry.." hao groaned as he rubbed his stomach. daiyu worriedly looked at him, "you're hungry? when was the last time you ate?"

"i haven't had a meal in like 2 days.." he mumbled, immediately getting an angry reaction from daiyu. she went up to him, lightly punching his shoulder. she grabbed her bag, "my mom was worried about you, she packed you xiaolongbao. here, eat up." she placed the bamboo basket on the hospital table in front of him. "stop skipping meals haohao, i can't remind you everyday." daiyu said in a frustrated tone as she placed his utensils on the table. "sorry~" he sulked.

rei turned around before quietly scoffing. she was pretty frustrated as she saw the sudden change of mood with hyejin. her forced smile was the king only rei could detect since they've been friends for so long. the two felt like they were third wheeling them so it was a little awkward.

rei cleared her throat, placing her arm around hyejins tightly, "well. since we checked on you, we're gonna be leaving now. goodbye!" rei smiled. hyejin looked at her in confusion, why were they leaving so fast. but whatever, hyejin didn't feel like arguing and just went along with it.

"right, see you guys later." hyejin said in a cold tone as she smiled, dragging rei outside with her before the other two said anything. as soon as they were far from the door, reis mouth started spilling like a faucet.

"yo what was thatt???" she quietly yelled, gripping onto hyejins arm. "i don't know dude, but they looked like they were having a moment so i'm glad we left." hyejin sighed, her head facing the ceiling. "you have every reason to be upset. he literally saved you from burning to death and was flirting with you after, this is wild bro." rei angrily says, forming her hands into fist shapes as she pretends she's beating hao up. can't deny, she looked so cute even when she was furious.

"okay yeah but, shes so pretty. now that i see her up close, she's like better than me in every way. how am i supposed to compete? not sure why but, i feel so insecure suddenly." hyejin frowned in frustration, this day couldn't get any worse. rei stared at her in disbelief, slapping her arm.

"how could you say that? you're literally the hottest woman that has stepped on this planet so shut up, so hao is totally missing out. if i was a guy, i'd have the biggest crush on you." rei yelled.

"that's gay as hell but okay. thank you for being so supportive of me even though i make dumb decisions." hyejin stopped, placing her head on reis shoulder. "shut up before you make me cry." rei whined, hugging hyejins arm.

"hyejinn!!" a familiar voice yelled from behind as they run over, hugging her from the back. she turned around in surprise, a smile forming on her face as she realizes who it was. there hanbin was standing with matthew, they greet rei as they were explain how they came to check on hao too.

hanbin breaks the hug, holding onto hyejins shoulders. "do you feel any better? me and matthew are going to check on hao, do you want to come?" he softly smiles, defining his cheek dimples. as hyejin was about to reply, rei cut her off.

"you guys can go alone. hao is officially my least favorite person considering all the frustration he had caused poor hyejin." she rolled her eyes. hyejin chuckled, seeing the annoyed look on reis face as she defends her. matthew and hanbin look at each other before laughing as they completely understood the situation.

"i knew you guys had some interesting past. you two better tell us all of it." matthew smiled, poking reis cheek. hanbin had already knew about the arranged marriage but he didn't question any further because he didn't want to intrude into hyejins life. "should we tell them..?" rei looked over to hyejin.

"okay then. lets spill it over jajangmyeon." hyejin replied, dragging the three with her to the nearest restaurant. the two boys get curious, seeing how serious rei and hyejin we're about the whole hao past thing. the four sit at the table, ordering their meal and patiently waiting.

"okay here's how it began.."

hyejin explained everything, top to bottom without missing a single moment they had together. the two guys were shocked. "his old man said that?? he did what???" matthew got up as he yelled, immediately sitting down as the whole restaurant started staring at him. hanbin was left in shock and disbelief with his hands over his mouth. "you would never do such a thing. how did he believe him so blindly?" hanbin asked, taking a sip of his water.

"not sure, oh wait- didn't you guys say there was footage of the fire incident?" hyejin suddenly asked. "i have it on my phone, why?" matthew asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket and handing it to hyejin. she played the video, her eyes widening as she zoomed in on the figure standing behind the garden wall.

"you know the guy who purposefully set the garden on fire? his bag has the Zhang logo on it, zoom in. i knew it, the dudes trying to get rid of me so he's sending his little minions." hyejin said in disbelief. the three of them gasp as they watch the video.

"wait but, hao was also there. why would he set the garden on fire if his son was also in it?" hanbin asked. "because his dad doesn't care. he told me himself, and i have it on video. he said he never wanted to have a son." hyejin sighed, slurping up her noodles.

"i'm getting a stomach ache bro. i've already had 3 bowls." rei groans, placing her head in between her arms on the table. matthew still manages to smile after everything he just learnt, patting reis back, "leave room for dessert rei~"

as those two are left chitchatting, hanbin couldn't help but ponder in thought. his face said it all, he was stressed as hell for what was about to happen. he was worried for his friend. "hanbin? helloo? your soups getting cold." hyejin softly smiled. "oh right, my soup." he smiled back.