020

hyejin places her books into her locker, talking to rei. she sees zhanghao walk past. as she was about to say hi, he left without letting her speak. she then realized that the lie has already began sinking in. she sighed as she went back to talking to her friend again.

"what, did you guys break up or something?" rei asked, eating her chips. "we were never dating, but i guess we had a fight or something ?" she sulked, hitting her head with her fists. "woah call down what happened??" rei grabs her friends arm, stopping her from hitting herself any more. "i thought id be fine with him being mad at me but this hurts so fucking much and its not even my fault" hyejin answered while being on the edge of crying.

"damn y'all had a bad fight.." rei reached her hand out, patting hyejins back as they walk over to class. hyejin signals rei to sit beside her, knowing that was the place that zhanghao would always sit at. she couldn't help but feel angry, hyejin had to keep quiet for everyones sake but if she were able to talk, she would be a hot mess.

as the lesson began, hyejin looked at zhanghao, who looked like he was focusing on the lesson. usually he would be making small chit chat  with her during class but this time he was awfully quiet. she could sense his anger from miles away but she couldn't do anything about it.

"hyejin? are you focusing?? this lesson is very important." rei whispered as she pinched hyejin.  trying to gain her attention. she was actually starting to get worried for her friend. "oh right, my bad." everything went blurry as hyejin picked up her pencil, trying to focus on the class. her head was blank, she looked at her book to notice that her hand was shaking badly. "fuck, what is wrong with me." she sighed, resting her head on her palm.

when the lesson ended, rei pulled hyejin over to a quiet place. "okay, you better explain what is wrong with you or ill find out myself, you didn't show up to school for 2 days and now you look like you've been doing drugs." rei grabs hyejin by the hand, looking her right in the eyes demanding an answer. she hated to see her friend hurting in any sort of way, it was too painful even though she didn't want to show it.

"rei listen i'm fin-"

"cut the crap shin hyejin, you think i wouldn't notice if you're dealing with something? i thought we told each other everything, but i guess that only applies to me." rei let go of hyejins hand, about to walk away and hyejin ran up to her and hugged her from behind. rei was about to push her off until she heard sudden weeping from behind her. "come on don't cry, you know ill cry if you do" rei bites her lower lip, trying to hold in her sadness. she turns around to hug her best friend. "i'm sorry, ill tell you everything." hyejin said, feeling like her throat was blocked.

the rest of the day went on slowly, rei was impatient from all the waiting to finally discover the truth while hyejin was desperately waiting for hao to say something, anything.

rei decided to treat hyejin to a restaurant where they could talk. hyejin obviously accepted her offer since she was a huge food lover and couldn't pass on an offer like that, especially from rei. as they sit down, rei looks at hyejin waiting for her to start spilling.

hyejin explains everything, from top to bottom.

"that bitch? who does he think he is?" rei yells as she gets up from her seat from anger, immediately apologizing to the staff for her loudness.

"right? now i'm in this stupid situation. the dudes threatening me, he's a criminal, hao hates me, if he finds out i told you id probably be killed by tomorrow, and i'm still getting married to hao but what is the point since i wont even enjoy it because he absolutely despises me now. of course its always the ahjussis man i swear"

"i'm literally going to kidnap that man and beat the shit out of him omg"

"rei but still, promise you wont tell a single soul"

"i will never, i promise"

"now i need help, you could be like my partner in crime. we could figure this out together, put haos dad in jail and I can marry his cute son in peace without worrying about quote on quote all my loved ones being kidnapped and murdered."

"this will be really hard since he's so rich and has so many connections, he could probably hire a lawyer that totally could put all the blame on you for snooping in his office."

"damn rei you really know how to ruin my mood queen."

"look, if there's anything i know about you, it's that you're book smart not street smart. so you could let me handle all the thinking and you could be the spy in action."

"hm i like the sound of that, so whats our first plan?"

"first we contact a private investigator, since zhang huan is a known person i bet he could find a lot of proof for the past things he's done. the main problem is even if you show the police the evidence, there's no proof that it came from haos dads office since by now he has probably already got rid of the papers. he will most likely deny the allegations and but the blame back onto you, and you could be arrested for false accusations."

"dang it, why are rich people so damn annoying"

"bitch your dad literally owns one of the most expensive companies in korea, you have as much power as the zhangs do"

"oh right, i totally forgot"

rei sighed, pulling up her phone to help her friend.