025

hyejin rubs her eyes as her eyelids slowly open, the sound of an unfamiliar man could be heard. she carefully lifts her head up, looking around. she softly smiled as she noticed hao quietly sleeping on her shoulder like a baby.

"what are you kids doing here? the school building was shut down hours ago, get up" a guard explained, signaling hyejin to wake the rest up. she carefully repositioned his head as she got up to check on ricky. she yawns as she unlocks the bathroom stall, revealing the sleeping ricky. she slightly chuckled, never thinking she'd see him sleeping next to a toilet. she taps on his shoulder.

"ricky? ricky, wake up" she whispers continuously tapping on his shoulder, he wouldn't wake up. she sighed, going over to the bathroom sink and wetting her hands. she gets back, spraying ricky with her fingers. he flinches, immediately waking up.

"what the hell hyejin.. where am i? did someone open the door." he muttered, rubbing his eyes as he slowly gets up. "yeah, they did" she grinned as she helped him up. the guard was waiting outside. ricky got out of the stall, glancing at hao.

"how are we supposed to wake hao up? he's literally the devil when you wake him up i swear i've seen it up close." ricky groaned, going to the sink to wash his face. hyejin was kind of nervous, but he had to be waken up soon. she carefully went up and sat beside him, tapping his shoulder.

"hao. hao, wake up the door is open" she quietly whispered, continuously tapping him on the shoulder like she did with ricky. hyejin couldn't hold in her laugh, hao had bread cheeks when he was asleep. "he wont kill me if i pinch his cheeks, no?" she chuckled, reaching her fingers out to pinch his cheeks like she wanted. she silently giggled, poking him continuously in the cheeks. hyejin jumped when she saw his eyes open, she was ready for the yelling of her life.

"..what are you doing" he mumbled, trying to open his eyes. she immediately got up, backing away from him. "the doors open, get up" she stuttered, hoping he wouldn't notice what she was doing earlier. "oh right, let me help you" she went up to him, helping him get up as he stretched.

"lets get out dude, i almost suffocated from the smell of bathroom supplies." ricky stated, brushing his hair back in the mirror. the three were happy to finally be out of that hell hole of a bathroom. it was 10pm, the school was dark and gloomy, it felt strange looking at the empty halls. the guard went outside to grab his keys while the three went to their classrooms to fetch their bags. they were all tired as they went back downstairs then outside, leaving the school grounds.

hyejin stood outside of the school, her hand holding onto the strings of her bag as she stared at the buildings before her, smelling the scent of rain.

hao noticed, walking up beside her. "aren't you walking back home?" he asked. 

"i don't know, its night and i feel uneasy. but, yeah i guess i'm about to leave." she answered in a soft tone as she prepared to go. as hyejin was walking away, hao grabbed her arm, making her unable to move. she looked back in confusion.

"don't go alone, i'll walk you home" he stuttered as he awkwardly looked at the ground. "you don't have to-"

"no, i want to. its not safe for you to go by yourself, hyejin." he replied, still holding onto her arm. she was taken aback by his response but decided to agree. hyejin said her goodbyes to ricky as she began walking back home with zhanghao.

as they were walking, she felt safe. it was like there was an invisible shield surrounding her. the walk was quiet and awkward, they weren't necessarily on the best terms but he just wanted to make sure she arrived safely. she flinched by the sudden drop of rain hitting her skin. "dang it." she sulks, knowing she was about to be drenched since she didn't bring an umbrella. she looked over to zhanghao, who has noticed the droplets too. "you don't happen to have an umbrella on you, do you? she awkwardly giggled, putting her arm over her head. "i didn't think it would rain today. it doesn't rain as much in china  as in korea so i always forget to bring my umbrella now." he replied as the rain began getting heavier.

hyejin started shivering from the sudden weather change since she was wearing a skirt. the rain continued to fall upon her until she suddenly felt cloth touching her neck. she looked up, zhanghao took off his jacket, covering her from the rain.

"come closer." he asked, grabbing her waist and pulling her in with one arm, then immediately going back to holding the jacket. she looked up at him in complete shock, her heartbeat was the fastest it ever was. he looked back, locking eyes with her as she immediately looked away in embarrassment. he let out a little laugh by her reaction, causing this familiar atmosphere between them.

she quietly stared at him, his clothes and hair completely drenched in the rain. hyejin couldn't help but think to herself how funny he looked with wet hair, so she suddenly giggled. he glanced back at her.

"are you making fun of me?" he chuckled, "i can tell when you're being judgmental hyejin" he added.

"just a little." she signaled with her hands as she chuckled back at him.

they were now at hyejins door. she pulled him under a well covered area so he wouldn't get wet before she thanked him. she looked up at him before taking a deep breath.

"thank you hao. i'm glad you came with me because, there's these really scary dudes here and i don't really know how to fight yet to be honest." she let out a laugh as she continued. "but jokes aside, thanks for everything champ haha" she freezes.

"champ? did i just call the guy i so badly want a CHAMP?" she thinks to herself as she awkwardly stares at him with widened eyes. he didn't know what to even say at this point other than to reply back with no problem. he was about to leave until she called his name this time. his name, not champ..

"wait hao don't go, it's raining so hard and you'll definitely get sick."

"is this an excuse so i stay here longer?" he smirked, his back leaning on the wall as he stared at her.

"whatt?? nooo, i'm just worried for you man" she replies in a weird cartoonish voice.

"okay ill stay until the rain stops then." he replied, raising his shoulders.

"yes!" she whispered to herself, then quickly replying. "oh, yeah totally cool yeah i agree"