014

"so, how long you guys been friends for?" zhanghao asks, biting on his straw. "hmm, 7 years." sunghoon replied. hyejin just continued munching on her sandwich while those two were busy talking. "why did you stop talking to each other then?" zhanghao slowly became curious. "oh well our parents found out we were dating so, i had to switch schoo-" hyejin chokes on her sandwich, zhanghao reached in for the water and handed it to her, trying to pat her back to stop her from choking. when hyejin stopped, she blurted out "we were 13 when we uhm dated, yeah it was so silly.." she says, still coughing and trying to control her breath. sunghoon looks disappointed at her answer, while zhanghao looks almost pissed. she had caused some tension at this table. couple minutes of silence go by, she tries to break the silence by changing the subject. "oh yeah sunghoon i heard you have a skating lesson today!!"

"yeah i do, you and zhanghao should come." sunghoon suggests. zhanghao hesitates but accepts, he wanted to spend more time with hyejin. "wait hye, i have a question. are you still friends with hanbin? haven't heard from him in a while." sunghoon asks hyejin. "wait you know hanbin?" zhanghao is confused. "yep. me, him, hyejin, and winter were kind of like a friend group." sunghoon says, remembering middle school. zhanghao feels left out since he hasn't known all of them for a while. suddenly a wave of dizziness washes over shanghao, causing him to feel nauseous "i feel sick, i'm gonna go home." zhanghao mumbles as he gets up from his seat. "wait, where are you going?" hyejin yells at him, not getting an answer back. he just dizzily walked away. moments later, rei and niki come into the cafeteria.

"girl what happened.." rei judges hyejin, completely ignoring sunghoon. niki goes over to talk to sunghoon while rei and hyejin leave to go outside. "i just don't know whats going on man.. moments ago zhanghao looked like he was out for blood. now he's gone and he's also sick. is it my fault? maybe he's sensitive to the coldness of the stadium?" hyejin worriedly complains to rei, placing her head on reis shoulder. "i know this is random but what happened to ricky? i haven't heard from him since the spiderman movie." rei asks. "i don't knoww. i texted him saying i couldn't show up and i went out with hao, he doesn't even say hi to me at school anymore." hyejin explains to rei. "girl are you that dumb? he obviously liked you, but you ditched him for zhanghao. i guess his ego got bruised." rei sighed.

"he liked me?? since when" hyejin removes her head from reis shoulder in confusion, she had thought that her and ricky were just close friends. "oh my god how stupid are you.. winter has stopped talking with me too. i heard shes dating hanbin now or some shit" rei sighs.
"no way? damn this what happens when i trust people named after seasons.." hyejin rolled her eyes. she wasn't mad at winter, just disappointed.  she liked hanbin for years and winter was aware of it. it just made no sense to hyejin. "damn, i love you rei" she mumbles, causing rei to mindlessly push her off. "don't say scary shit like that hyejin... but i love you too" rei mutters, hugging hyejin from the side.

"wow this moment is so precious" niki says from behind them before getting a water bottle thrown at him. sunghoon laughs at niki, causing another water bottle to be thrown. but this time, at him. but of course, rei and hyejin had the last laughs. at this point, they were inseparable. they completed each other, like the sun and the moon.  they might not agree on everything, but at this point they were like sisters. always, and i mean always bickering. "should i text hao..." hyejin asks rei. "yes." rei immediately answers, she slightly wanted them to be together.

                                                            hey hao, u okay?
                                                                            7:04pm

👍
7:10pm

                                                    whats with the emoji
                                                                             7:11pm

🤷‍♂️
7:16pm

             thats it youre scaring me, I'm coming over
                                                                             7:17pm
                                                                         seen

"i have to go rei, see you tomorrow." she says, putting her phone in her purse. "see you soon" rei smiles as she leans in to hug her best friend. they hugged for around 10 long seconds before saying their goodbyes. hyejin, goes near the street to quickly call a cab. as she gets in the taxi, she checks back into her messaging app just to see the same "seen" on her phone screen. she sighs in disappointment. she quietly sits, waiting to arrive at zhanghaos house. hyejins dead worried, she was confused why he just left like that. her thoughts were eating her up. she started wondering if she said something wrong to him. was it sunghoon? no way, he's so sweet. her negative thoughts quickly spread to her brain, causing it to feel foggy. she arrived to his house, she payed the taxi driver, stepping out of the cab as she walked towards zhanghaos house. hyejin sighs as she rings the doorbell.