009

"so what would you do if you've liked someone for a looongg time but your friend also likes them and theres a chance your crush likes your friend so now you're put in this depressing position of questioning your self worth????"

no words could describe zhanghao other than "flabbergasted?"

zhanghao was taken aback by hyejin's words, but he remained composed and tried to figure out who she was referring to. Suddenly, it all clicked, and he felt low key offended. He was used to being the object of admiration for many girls, so it was a bit of a blow to his ego. For a full ten seconds, he simply stood there in silence, lost in thought. Hyejin had to nudge him to bring him back to reality.

"hey? are you even listening stupid?? I'm having a mental breakdown here," she said, looking at him expectantly. He quickly snapped back to reality, apologizing for his inattention. "oh yeah yeah got it" he mumbled, still being a little zoned out. Hyejin crossed her arms and gave him a stern look.

"say something nice to me  zhanghao. make me feel better before i cry again," she demanded. Zhanghao was at a loss for words. "Uh, you're a strong, independent woman who doesn't need a man to be happy?" he ventured, trying to inject some humor into the situation. Hyejin was not amused, and she smacked him in the head. "You're the worst," she muttered, but there was a hint of a smile on her lips. She offered him one of her kimbaps, "hungry?" she asked, a slight smile on her face.

Zhanghao accepted Hyejin's offer, and they both started eating in silence, enjoying each other's company. It felt comfortable until Hyejin broke the silence. "I know we're supposed to be getting married or whatever, but do you think I have a chance with Hanbin?" she asked, still munching on her food. until zhanghao replied without hesitation, "No." Hyejin smacked him in the arm, very angry about his answer. "okay  you can stop abusing me now," he said, rubbing his arm in pain. "pff can you believe that I'm 17 and still haven't had my first kiss yet? I'm so going to die single," she said, sounding hopeless. "I haven't had mine either, so maybe we could-" Zhanghao smirked, but Hyejin cut him off with a cold "Don't." She looked back at him to see that he was pouting, crossing his arms. "I can't do this right now, bro," she said, facepalming.

"you are officially my least favorite person" he stated, rolling his eyes. hyejin snatched zhanghaos kimbap and shoved it in her mouth, chewing extra loud in his face. "WOAHH SHIN HYEJIN??" he yells "I CANT BELIEVE YOUU" he sits there in shock, unable to process.

Zhanghao and Hyejin continued bickering back and forth until the sunset. The argument had gotten so heated that they both decided to take a break and go for a walk. They walked for around 20 minutes until they stumbled upon a vending machine beside a restaurant.

"Wait here, I'll go to the bathroom real quick," Hyejin said. She looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes still a little puffy from earlier. She fixed her hair and washed her face, trying to calm herself down. When she came back, Zhanghao handed her a peach iced tea. She was confused, wondering how he knew it was her favorite. Then she remembered the desk incident from today at school and then it all made sense.

"ah, thanks," she stuttered, grabbing the drink from his hands. They continued walking until they reached a bridge, watching the sunset together while sipping their drinks. It was quiet, again. but something was different this time, Hyejin's heart was racing.

Zhanghao and Hyejin had been feeling a strange tension between them for a while now. They had been spending a lot of time together.

The tension between Zhanghao and Hyejin was strong. They were standing so close to each other that they could feel each others body heat. Their arms were touching, and they could feel the electricity between them. They made eye contact, as they both knew exactly what the other was thinking.

As they stood there, the tension between them grew stronger. It was as if the air around them had become charged with electricity. They could feel their hearts beating faster, and they both knew something was about to happen.

Zhanghao pulled Hyejin closer, and she leaned in, her heart racing. They were so close that their lips were just inches away from each other. They were about to kiss when a ringing phone interrupted them.

They both slightly twitched and freaked out.

"oh my god haha i'm sorry. I don't know what got into me," Zhanghao blurted out from embarrassment.

Hyejin answered the phone, trying to catch her breath. "yes, yeah, got it, haha," she stuttered. "Oh, hi dad, what's up?"

Zhanghao was still standing close to her, and they were both trying to regain their composure. They were both feeling a little embarrassed, but they couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that they were interrupted.

Hyejin's dad was calling to check up on her, and she tried to act normal, but her heart was still racing. Zhanghao was standing beside her, and she could feel his presence. She wanted to tell her dad that she was with Zhanghao, but she didn't want to make things awkward.

After she hung up the phone, she turned to Zhanghao and said, "I'm sorry about that. My dad is always checking up on me."

Zhanghao smiled and said, "oh no worries its okay, i have to go uh see you later hyejin"

they both awkwardly said their goodbyes and hyejin quickly ran off.

"whats wrong with me whats wrong with me whats wrong with me god i'm literally freaking out oh my god" she mumbles to herself, trying to calm herself down while quickly running.

"im not supposed to feel this way, no way?? i swear i like hanbin, i really do"