011

hyejin and rei start gossiping, hyejin needs to remind rei to lower her damn voice every 2 seconds. zhanghaos literally in the room beside hers.

"okay then we were like on a bridge, and like i dont know but i felt a tension"

"yeah well you should've gotten the tension to jump off the bridge"

"okay but the way he looked at me i was literally about to faint"

"me when matthew"

"what.."

"what"

"i'm just going to ignore that"

"anyways get more into detail"

"okay i don't know how to explain it but like whenever i'm sad or happy or angry he's always there, like he's ALWAYS there i cant tell if its cute or creepy "

"maybe you should go and kiss him right now"

"maybe you should shut the hell up rei"

"goo goo ga ga"

"okay but like to be honest i'm not mad anymore about the arranged marriage, its happening after 12th grade so i have time to actually get to know him better"

"makes total sense, tell me his love language after"

"i think its acts of service or something"

"i hate how lucky you are with guys like I'm actually about to beat you up"

"girl niki is across the street, go knock on his door or something"

"I TOLD YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUNGER GUYS"

"SHUT UP I HEARD SOMETHING"

they both get up from hyejins bed to see what made the noise, it was 2am so it was completely dark. they were slowly walking, trying not to make noise. they walked downstairs to the kitchen until hyejin hears a scream. "WHAT WHAT WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING" she asks rei, "THE WINDOW"

hyejin looks over to the window, seeing a scary figure standing outside. they both scream in unison, waking zhanghao up. he walks downstairs to see the commotion, hyejin and rei ran towards him, both of them gripping onto him. "KILL IT ZHANG HAO" rei yelled, tightly pulling his shirt. zhanghao turned on the lights to get a better view of the figure, but the moment he turned them on, he felt a wave of disappointment wash over him. it was a  tree. the tree branches made it look like a human being outside the window. hyejin and rei slowly remove their hands from zhanghaos shirt, as they both apologized from the embarrassment. "psst this is your fault" hyejin whispers to rei, elbowing her. rei gives hyejin the deadliest stare.

they all meet up in the kitchen, hyejin offered to make them snacks. as she was preparing the food, zhanghao and rei were having a conversation.

"so zhang hao, do you like double dates"

"i've never been on one so I'm not sure"

"yeah i can tell, well me and niki are going to the amusement park together tomorrow. you and hyejin should come together"

"you think she'd accept?"

"yeah i mean you guy technically kis-"

hyejins hand shifts and slaps rei in the mouth, completely blocking her from saying anything else. zhanghao just watches in silence. "we ALMOST did but it meant nothing" she explains. those words hit zhanghao like a brick, did she actually mean it. he was slowly falling for her and assumed their feelings were mutual. he's never felt so betrayed before, all he could do was stare at the floor. "right, it didn't mean anything" he mumbled

hyejin quickly noticed his mood change, he started being cold and reserved. he only responded with one or two word answers, and it really worried her. she wonders to herself, did she say something wrong? theres no way he likes her. zhanghaos way out of her league, she just couldn't believe it. the rest of the night was quiet, rei fell asleep so it was just hyejin and zhanghao. he wouldn't talk to her, it made her feel a sense of guilt. the silence grew stronger until zhanghao broke it.

"did you really mean what you said." he mutters, unable to make eye contact. "hm?" she asks, not sure what hes talking about. "nevermind." he mumbles. "no, tell me-"
he suddenly leaned in and pressed his lips to hers, and for a moment, she was frozen in shock. She had never kissed anyone before, with such intensity and passion. It was as if he was trying to convey all of his emotions through this one act. When he finally pulled away, she was left gasping for air, her heart racing. She looked up at him, unsure of what to say. her face was all red. it took her a couple seconds to realize what just happened, her hands slowly lifting upwards to her lips. but before she could say anything, zhanghao gently kissed her on the forehead, he whispered "goodnight" as he got up and left  to go upstairs.

she lays down on the floor, still unable to process. her feelings grew even bigger, she couldn't even sleep. if you were beside her, you could hear her psychotically giggling to herself. she got up after some minutes to go to her room, she grabbed her blanket and plopped onto her bed. it was time for hyejin to rest.