thirty five

035 - the divine move

season three -
episode twenty-four

MARLO LEANS against the metal gate alongside Scott exhausted from crying and being used as a body for possession; she listens to Chris as he explains to the broken boy what to do when the police ask him what happened tonight

"Scott, look at me. Look at me, Scott, look at me, you have to remember, you called me first, okay? Say it. You called me first" Chris says to the alpha gripping the metal in front of him with rage.

"I-I called you" Scott begins panting, "Not "you." Say "Mr. Argent," or "her dad."" Chris interrupts looking at Marlo who's staring into space.

""I called her dad first" Scott repeats as Marlo grabs his hand trying to comfort the boy, "What else? What happened?" Chris asks, "There were two of them" Scott begins.

"Mhm" Chris agrees motioning to continue; Scott sighs, "They tried to steal our car, they wore masks, one of them had a knife" Scott says breathing heavily.

"You think, don't get specific, Scott, you saw something sharp and metallic, you think it was a knife, what do you say next? If you get confused, what do you always repeat?" Chris asks, "It happened so fast" Scott stutters.

"That's right. Say it again" Chris says, Scott looks at the metal gate in front of him before tightly squeezing Marlo's hand, "Scott, say it again" Chris demands.

Scott looks behind him at the man of the huntress who just got killed; "How are you doing this?" Scott asks exhaustion in his tone, "It's what we do" Chris explains before looking at the vampire hybrid beside him.

"It's what we do" Chris nods showing the woman this wasn't her fault. Scott turns towards the gate again breathing heavily; as Marlo sniffles beside him.

Scott turns towards the broken woman, and startles her by wrapping his arms around her tightly, coming to realisation that someone he looks at like an older sister is back and no longer the wicked.